BERDUGO married Perla
(There was no photo taken of the actual marriage, but the
photo here was taken a few months
later in their wedding clothes. In the photo, Perla
is already expecting her first child Sol.)
Rabbi Mimoun began his career as a printer early in life, and continued to work while
continuing his rabbinical studies in Meknes,
Morrocco. He stopped printing and opened a wholesale
store. By working together with his wife's uncle Machlouf
ELGRABLI he was able to continue his studies of the Torah.
When he built his house in the New Mellah, he found it natural to build a synagogue
alongside it where his father Rabbi Abraham BERDUGO
led the congregation.
In 1968, he left Morocco for a grand tour of France, and then joined
his daughters Rebeccaand
Suzannewho had already made aliyah to Israel.
He settled with his family in Kiriat Yam near Haifa.
He continued his business in partnership with his son Ben Sion.
Patriarch of the family, respected by all for his wisdom. He passed away in 1983
leaving a great void behind him.
Mimoun and Perla had five daughters:
Laurette COHEN-SCALI, Sol SABBAH, Rebecca BERDUGO,
Rachel ABENSUR, Laurette COHEN-SCALI,
- Sol BERDUGO (b. 31 January 1925 Meknes, d. 5
August 2004 Lyon) married
(b. 26 March 1925, Mogador, Essaouira-Morocco)
- Gilbert SABBAH, Key Account Finance/Israel Manager,
(b. Oran, Algeria)
They live in Villeurbannes, France.
- Yaniv SABBAH (b. 18 June 1978)
graduated E.N.S.E.E.I.H.T. in Toulouse, France (June 2001).
Now works at European Space Agency. Yaniv married
Sacha Rachel GOLDSTEIN
daughter of Glenn GOLDSTEIN
and Susan GOODMAN.
Daughter: Dalia SABBAH.
- Ouriel SABBAH (b. 18 September 1980)
m. (23 Dec. 2007 Nice, France)
Daughter: Liron SABBAH (b. 22 June 2009 Nice, France)
- Perla SABBAH (b. 14 July 1951) married
(b. 1 March 1948), president
of Business Communication HighTech
[Contact Michel_COHEN at amat.com
for COHEN-HADRIA geneology.]
- Anaëlle, married, one son.
Igal Salomon COHEN-HADRIA
(b. 13 May 1983)
married Anne-Claire BENZAQUIN.
Daughter: Lielle COHEN-HADRIA (b. 18 January 2015).
- Matthias Paul Mimoun COHEN-HADRIA (b. 1 May 1988)
- Sylvia SABBAH married (5 September 1993, Marseilles, France) Maurice
- Andrée SABBAH married
lives in St. Genis Laval near Lyon.
- Guillaume KESSOUS (b. 21 September 1990)
- Meryl KESSOUS (b. 29
- Eva SABBAH, doctor,
married Jean-Paul BENAYOUN
- Lisa BENAYOUN (b. 9 October 1990)
married (25 Aug. 2013 Lyon, France) Anthony RAMET
- David BENAYOUN (b. 28 August 1993)
- Rebecca BERDUGO
married to her uncle
- Rachel BERDUGO married Albert ABENSUR, Creteil, France
- son ABENSUR
- Salomon ABENSUR (d.)
- Peguy ABENSUR
married Serge SIKSIK.
- Gregory SIKSIK
- Liora SIKSIK
- Alexandre SIKSIK
- Eleonor SIKSIK b. 1999
Yannick ABENSUR, gastroenterologist,
married Dominique HAYAT.
They live in Paris.
- Daniel ABENSUR.
- Adéle ABENSUR email@example.com
- Suzanne Mazal Tov BERDUGO (b. 1933) (named after her grandmother
Mazel Tov BENSIMON)
married Samuel AZOGUI
(Jeweler), moved from Meknes to Kiryat Bialik (Israel)
- Gad AZOGUI (b. 1955), gynocologist.
Maïté (Marie Thérèse) (Myriam) AZOGUI,
- Jonathan AZOGUI (b. September 1982)
- Mickael AZOGUI (b. September 1985)
- Avital AZOGUI (b. 1988)
- Batia AZOGUI
- Pauline AZOGUI (b. 1959) high school biology teacher married
telecommunications and computer science engineer.
They live in Tsoran, Israel.
- Yael KADISCHEVITZ (b. July 1983)
- David KADISCHEVITZ (b. September 1984)
- Ephrat KADISCHEVITZ (b. 1989)
- Michal KADISCHEVITZ (b. July 1991)
- Edna AZOGUI (b. 1964)
(high school biology teacher) married Yoav ZOHAR
(fighter pilot Israeli Air Force)
- Elad ZOHAR (b. 25 Oct. 1988)
- Lior ZOHAR (b. 6 Dec. 1989)
- Shaked ZOHAR (b. 28 Sep. 1994)
- Matan ZOHAR (b. 21 Apr. 1999)
- Neta ZOHAR (b. 7 July 2003)
- Sigal AZOGUI
- Ori AZOGUI (b. Dec. 2005)
Laurette paints in her spare time.
Perla died at the age of 27 years old.
Mimoun BERDUGO remarried Alice BENAIM, daughter of Great Rabbi Yossef
BENAIM of Fez
- Abraham BERDUGO, died as a baby
Mimoun BERDUGO divorced and remarried Zohara COHEN. They had five more
children, and moved to Haifa.
- Abraham Ben Sion BERDUGO married Shoshana.
- Yitzhak BERDUGO
- Maimon BERDUGO
- Yaffa BERDUGO married
Peddy ATTIAS, accountant
- Irit ATTIAS, doctor, married
Gédéon BACHAR, doctor.
Dr. Irit Bachar, medical director, has graduated her medical studies magna cum laude at the Technion faculty of medicine, and completed her internship in ophthalmology at the Rabin Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology. Dr. Bachar has been given the title of "Outstanding Intern" by the Israeli Ophthalmologist Organization and Beilinson hospital in Petah Tikva.
Once the internship was complete, Dr. Bachar had a two-year Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Department of Ophthalmology at the Toronto Western Hospital, Canada. There she acquired great experience in the fields of laser surgeries, cataract surgeries, corneal diseases and cornea transplant surgeries. As she returned to Israel, Dr. Bachar continued working at the Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, as a medical expert and senior surgeon.
Dr. Bachar engages in research, and has published dozens of articles
in international magazines. In addition, she instructs medical
students and interns, and gives lectures at scientific conferences
in Israel and abroad. Dr. Bachar is a member of the American and
European Academy of Ophthalmology and of the American organization
of cataract surgeries and surgeries for glasses removal.
- Shirly ATTIAS
- Zahavit ATTIAS
- Amiel ATTIAS
- Esther BERDUGO married Yehuda DADOUN,
Kiryat Yam near Haifa
- Adit DADOUN, teaches Hebrew in the Boston area.
- Nirit DADOUN
- David DADOUN
- Karen DADOUN
- Abichai DADOUN (lit. my father lives)
- Bloria BERDUGO married Israel ROTHMAN
- Shimon ROTHMAN
- Amnon ROTHMAN
- ZOHAR ROTHMAN
- Michèle BERDUGO married Momi DAHAN
- Avi DAHAN
- Zohar DAHAN
- Itamar DAHAN
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: