BRILIN (b. 15 March 1658/9,
d. 24 April 1715 or 1718 Vienna)
daughter of Isak BRILIN
and Sarlan OPPENHEIMER WOLF, married
(before 1679 Vienna)
OPPENHEIMER (d. 1678).
(Source: Genealogical Tables of Jewish Families 14th - 20th centuries, Forgotten
Fragments of the History of the FRAENKEL Family, by Louis and Henry
FRAENKEL. Also, see
Court Jews by Selma STERN, page 90.)
Veronica and Nathan OPPENHEIMER had a son:
- Isaak Nathan OPPENHEIMER (b. 1678 or 1679 Vienna,
d. 14 or 16 Oct. 1739 Vienna).
(Is his birthdate correct? It is after the death of his father 1678, if so
this would explain how he was named after his father. Although the date
seems late considering his great-uncle L. J. J. Oppenheimer was born around 1570.)
Married (before 1679) to
Scheindel Hirschel POESING or BOESING
(b. Poesing, Bratislava, d. 29 Aug. 1741 Vienna) bat Lazar Elieser
- Nathan Isaak OPPENHEIMER
m. to Edel (Helena) OPPENHEIMER
(d. 21 June 1767 Pressburg) daughter of
Emanuel Mendel ben Samuel ben Simon.
- Sara OPPENHEIMER (d. 31.7.1773 Vienna) m. to her
cousin Samuel Wolf WERTHEIMER
ben Wolf ben R. Simon ben Josef ben Itzak
- Hanna OPPENHEIMER (d. Frankfurt) m. to
Dodrus Samuel STERN (KANN)
- R. Zwi HIRSCH Isaac OPPENHEIMER
(d. about 1770 Hildesheim) married his relative
Gnendl Hendele OPPENHEIMER (d. 1774) bat Josef ben David ben Abraham
- Josef OPPENHEIMER (d. Hildesheim)
- Elieser OPPENHEIMER (d. Hildesheim)
- David OPPENHEIMER (d. Hildesheim)
- Jente OPPENHEIMER (d. Hildesheim)
- Simon or Simson OPPENHEIMER (d. 1747 or 1748 Frankfurt A/M)
- Nathan OPPENHEIMER (d. before 1785)
- Roesla Rizel OPPENHEIMER (d. 1783 or 1784) married (1771) Rabbi Isak KANN or
Isack KAHN ben Beer
- Isak OPPENHEIMER married Frumet KANN
- Chana (Hanna) OPPENHEIMER married Baruch Jehuda Benedickt
or Bendit HALLE (d. 1768)
- Schendel OPPENHEIMER (d. 1797) married (in Brunschweig)
Rabbi Herz Samson Simon
- Herschel Hirsch SAMSON (1 Jun 1770-11 Feb 1831) married
Rachel ENGLIENDER. daughter:
Minna SAMSON (1805-1883) married J. HAHLO.
- Fromet Veronika OPPENHEIMER (d. before 1785) m.
Loeb Abraham FRENKEL
- Sarah OPPENHEIMER (d. 1771) married
- Marcus Mordechai
OPPENHEIMER (A.F.N.: J.Q.C.G.-7B) (b. abt 1714,
d. 16 June 1775) first married Chajele FRANKEL.
(A.F.N.: J.Q.C.G.-7B) (b. abt. 1718, d. 2.2.1800 Fuerth).
See FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service for an extensive list of
(b. 1890) g-g-g-great-grandson of Perl and Marcus.
Milton ALKAN was the grandfather of
lalkan at yahoo.com.
- Hirsch OPPENHEIMER (d. 1808) first married
Hirsch remarried Sara ULLMANN.
- Mordechai Marx OPPENHEIMER (d. 1870 Bavaria, Germany) first married
Hanna Nanni FARNHOLZ.
Mordechai remarried Jeanette LOEWENSTEIN.
- Leo OPPENHEIMER (b. 24 August 1848, Fuerth, Bavaria; d. 11 Sept. 1914, College Point, Queens Co., New York)
immigrated to the United States and married a Christian woman Emma L. ALTBURGER.
- Walter OPPENHEIMER (born 13 May 1882, NYC; died 26 April 1926,
Demerest, New Jersey) married
Margaret Anna ROOS
- Everett Walter OPPENHEIMER (born Everett Milton OPPENHEIMER; legally
changed his middle name; born 26 Aug. 1913, Cresskill, New Jersey; died 10 May
2007, Naples, Florida) married Helen Henderson HAYES (still living and going
strong at 92!). Son: James Walter OPPENHEIMER
married Christine CRAWFORD
email@example.com author of
Long Distance Genealogy (Betterway, 2000).
- Edel OPPENHEIMER
married to her relative
Jacob OPPENHEIMER (d. 6.7.1760 Hanover) ben
Simon Wolf ben Samuel ben Simon
- Sarl OPPENHEIMER (d. 8.6.1764 Frankfurt) m. to
Beer Low Isaks KANN. Their Children: LOEW Beer KANN, Nathan Beer KANN, Jacob Beer KANN, Nanette KANN, Lazarus Beer
KANN, Isac Beer KANN, Fromit KANN, Hirschel Beer KANN.
- Resl OPPENHEIMER (d. 1735) m. to Josef Lwow ben Ahron ben Moses LEMBERG
(d. 1775 Trebitsh) (4 children) (her sister was the his second wife)
- Huendel Rachel OPPENHEIMER m. to Josef Lwow ben Ahron ben Moses LEMBERG
(d. 1775 Trebitsh) (her sister was his first wife)
- Lazarus OPPENHEIMER (1712-1780) m. to
Sara David (4 Children)
- Michael OPPENHEIMER (b. 1713)
- Veronica Frumet OPPENHEIMER (b. 1715)
- Guettel OPPENHEIMER (b. 1717)
- Bonna Canna OPPENHEIMER (b. 1721)
- Juettel OPPENHEIMER (b. 1722)
- Lea OPPENHEIMER (b. 1724) m. to
Josef CHAN from Metz
- Ester OPPENHEIMER (d. 19.7.1739) m. to
David KULP (Mayer)
Veronica (Frumet) BRILIN remarried to
or Samson WERTHEIMER (b. 1658, d. 1724),
Hungarian Ober- und Landesrabbiner.
Court Jew and scholar, Samson Wertheimer took residence in Vienna in 1684 as business associate of Samuel Oppenheimer. Creditor and financial adviser of the imperial family, he was awarded the title "Oberhoffacktor" (privileged position at the court) in 1703. Through his influence at the court he succeeded in preventing the antisemitic work "Entdecktes Judentum" (Jewry Exposed) by J. A. Eisenmenger from being sold. He was regarded as a rabbinical scholar and promoted the printing of Hebrew works. In 1693 he was appointed honorary rabbi by the community of Eisenstadt and Hungarian rabbi by the emperor.
(NB: Samson's second wife was Merli Magdalena SCHIFF.)
- Wolf Simon WERTHEIMER (1681-1763-5 Munich) m. to
Lea Eleonora OPPENHEIMER bat Mendel Emanuel ben Samuel ben Simon
- Issak WERTHEIMER (1709-1762) married
to Simelie Caecilie GOMPERZ.
Her brother Elias Salomon GOMPERZ married Fradel WERTHEIMER
- Samuel WERTHEIMER (1710-22.4.1786) m. to his cousin Sara OPPENHEIMER
bat Isak ben Natan ben Jechiel
- Josef Wolf WERTHEIMER (d. 1769 Mannheim) married Caroline ULLMAN
- Salomon WERTHEIMER married Brendel ???.
Salomon remarried Gnendel ???.
Salomon remarried Tolza ???.
- Abraham Wolf WERTHEIMER (d. 1755) married Judit Munchen
- Fanny WERTHEIMER married ?? WALLERSTEIN
- Wolf WERTHEIMER. Children: Fritz WERTHEIMER, and
Julie WERTHEIMER married ?? BRUSSEL
- Josef WERTHEIMER
- Teresia WERTHEIMER. Children: Ferdinand WERTHEIMER, Adolf WERTHEIMER
- Emanuel WERTHEIMER married Zirle SCHWAB
- Eleonora WERTHEIMER married Lippman WERTHEIMER. (link?)
- Veronica Sara Frumet WERTHEIMER (1718-24.5.1781 Vienna) married to her half uncle
Josel Josef WERTHEIMER ben Simon (4.9.1716-11.12.1761 Vienna)
- Sara WERTHEIMER
- Hanna WERTHEIMER (b. 1725) m. to
R. Berusch Isachar ESKELES (b. 1691, d. 2 Feb. 1753 Vienna). They had
thre children. Hanna was R. Berusch's second wife. His first wife was
Chava Rebekka WERTHEIMER
- Mindel WERTHEIMER (b. 1729 or 1730, d. 18.10.1732 Vienna)
- Moses Josef WERTHEIMER (d. 27.5.1740 Vienna)
- Fradel WERTHEIMER (d. 1756) m. to Elia Salomon GOMPERZ (d. 1766)
the son of Salomon ben Loeb, and brother of Simelie Caecilie GOMPERZ
- Dolza WERTHEIMER m. to Mayer BEREND Salomon also called
Rabbi Abraham Meir ben Isaschar COHEN from Hamburg (d. 28 June 1758 Hanover).
His brother Seligman BEREND Salomon married Chana WERTHEIMER.
Son: Seligman Salomon.
- Judith WERTHEIMER (b. 1739)
- Chava Rebekka WERTHEIMER (1691-31.8.1749 Vienna) m. to
R. Berusch Isachar
ESKELES (his first wife, she was the aunt of the second wife Hanna
- Tolza WERTHEIMER m. to her relative Josef OPPENHEIMER ben David ben Abraham
- Jehuda Loeb WERTHEIMER (1698-12.2.1763) m. to Saerchen Sara
LEHMANN-Halberstadt bat Bernd Berman Isaschar ben Juda Lema
- Josef WERTHEIMER
- Miriam (Mirjam) Anna WERTHEIMER (1724-7.5.1776 Vienna)
married (22 June 1746) to
Elias Benedikt GOMPERZ (b. Nijmegen around 1717, d. 11 June 1755 murdered) Waagneustadl)
the son of Benedictus Levy GOMPERZ (aka. Bendix and Elias NEUMEGEN) (b. around 1675 Cleve, d. 29 Apr. 1754 Cleve)
son of Bella GOMPERZ (1645-1720) daughter of
Elias Joseph GOMPERZ (a.k.a. Elia CLEVE) (1615-1689).
For information on the GOMPERZ Family tree see
GOMPERZ Family by Professor David KAUFMAN
and Dr Max FREUDENTHAL (1907 Frankfurt),
translated to English by Dr Bernard STANDRING
(2003 London). (The book comes with a CD-ROM.)
Contact: Ernest GOMPERS firstname.lastname@example.org
descendant of Elias Joseph GOMPERZ.
- Joshua Feibelmann Phillipp NEUMEGEN MOR GOMPERZ
(b. 1751 Nijmegen, d. 7 Sep. 1804 Moor) married two sisters Freudel Naftali MOOR (d. 1753) and
Sara Lopes SUASSO, daughters of
Naftali ROSENTHAL (Naftali MOOR).
Sara was married afterwards (after 1804)
to Gottlieb SAPHIR.
- Meir Mayer GOMPERZ WERTHEIMER.
- Josef WERTHEIMER (GOMPERZ) (d. 8 Mar 1840 Vienna) married
Rachel Regina Naftales from Nikelsburg (d. 3 Nov 1867 Vienna).
- Gittel GOMPERZ (b. Nijmegen) m. Jeremias LANDESMANN.
(Note: Margaret HELLMAN
also has an ancestor named Jeremias LANDESMANN (b. 1754
Pullitz/Police, Czechloslovakia). Is this the
- Meijer GOMPERZ (b. Nijmegen, d. 11 June 1825 Pressburg) m. unknown spouse.
- Benedikt NEUMEGEN GOMPERZ (b. around 1753 Nijmegen,
d. 11 Jun 1825 Pressburg) married his relative
Traule OPPENHEIMER (d. 21 Jun 1841 Pressburg)
the daughter of Loeb ben Sanwill.
Loeb Lion GOMPERZ
married Mirjam (Miriam)
Marie (Maria) LATZKO
- Meir (Moritz) GOMPERZ (b. 1784 Bratislava?)
- Antonie (Traule) GOMPERZ
(b. 11 July 1843 Novemosto, Slovakia, d. about
1928 Bratislava) married
Michael (Mihaly) HAUSER (b. 1842 Bratislava?)
- Johanna/Janka HAUSER (b. 1 Nov. 1869
Bratislava, d. 1906? Bratislava) married
(26 May 1891) Herman WEISS (b. 22 July 1866 Bratislava,
d. 1930 Bratislava).
- Max (Miksa) WEISS (WEISZ) (b. 22 Feb. 1892
Bratislava, d. Holocaust 5 Oct. 1944 Auschwitz)
married (1926) Rozsia (Tscharna) STEINER
(b. 29 Mar. 1903 Topolcany, Slovakia,
d. 20 Feb. 1941 Bratislava).
- Herman WEISS (b. 7 Mar 1930 Bratislava,
Slovakia, d. 2 Apr. 1965 Brooklyn, NY)
married (19 Jun. 1960) Thelma KATZ
(b. 13 Feb. 1930 Brooklyn, d. 1 July 1997 New York).
- David DUBIN
David.Dubin at ehmc.com,
(b. 6 May 1961 Brooklyn) married
(26 July 1983)
Shirley (Shaindee) WEISSTUCH
(b. 3 Nov. 1961)
Children: Zvi Yerachmeel DUBIN and
Joshua Ephraim DUBIN (twins b. 27 Sep. 1985 Bronx)
Judah Isaac DUBIN (b. 18 Dec. 1990 Livingston, NJ),
Marc Bezalel (Mordy) DUBIN (b. 17 Nov. 1992 Englewood, NJ),
Hanna Esther DUBIN (b. 19 Sep. 1995 Hackensack, NJ),
Ethan Chaim (Itamar) DUBIN (b. 5 Jun. 2001 Englewood, NJ).
Thanks to David for information on this branch
of the family.
- 6 more children
- Frumet WERTHEIMER (d. 15.8.1790 Frankfurt)
m. to Meir OPPENHEIM
- Gnendl WERTHEIMER
- Simsom WERTHEIMER (d. 9.8.1787) m. to Chana THEBEN (d. 18.1.1790)
- Klara Serach WERTHEIMER married (28 Jun 1786) Wolf Fried from Hungary.
Their daughter married ?? Serach and had a son: Josef Serach.
- LOEW WERTHEIMER
- Antonia WERTHEIMER (b. 1767) married Wolf Babelas from Bohemia
- Abraham Anton WERTHEIMER (b. 1768)
- Isak Ignaz WERTHEIMER (1769-14 Jan 1838) married
Shendel Chenny BINGEN (d. 31 Dec 1837)
- Theresia WERTHEIMER (b. 1770)
- Emanuel Mendel WERTHEIMER (b. 1777) married the daughter of Breslau ben Feibel
- Ziper Isaschar Moses WERTHEIMER (d. 30.12.1737 Vienna)
- Sara WERTHEIMER m. to Moses KANN ben Loeb from Frankfurt am Main. (She was his first wife.)
- Chana WERTHEIMER married Seligman BEREND SALOMON (COHEN) ben Beer.
His brother Abraham Meir SALOMON married Dolza WERTHEIMER.
Daniel E. LOEB,