Rabbi Meshulam Salman I MIRELS was Rabbi of Hamburg
and av beit din. He had twenty-five children, was father-in-law of the
Gaon Haham Tzvi, and lived to see 400 descendants.
- Rabbi Loeb MIRELS
- Rabbi Abraham MIRELS (b. about 1650)
- Rabbi Meshullam Salomon, III MIRELS (b. about 1650).
(Obviously this date is inconsistent with the date given for his father.)
Son: Moshe Dov NEUMARK
- Arie Loeb MIRELS (b. about 1660)
- Moses MIRELS
- daughter married Rabbi Elchanan BERLINER
- daughter married Rabbi Shalom SACKHEIM
- son married Miriam bat Nathan FRIEDLANDER, and
then remarried Grendil bat Baruch KARPELIS
- Hirsh Naftali MIRELS (d. 1720) married Lea (d. 1734)
- Pesla MIRELS (d. about 1755) married
Loeb KOHN Jehuda POPERS (d. 1754)
- daughter married Samuel SANFEL
- Baer MIRELS
- Zeev Wolf MIRELS (d. 1716) married Rosa RAUSNITZ (d. 1716).
He had 25 children, also father in law of Chacham Zvi GLUECKEL:
Printer of Hebrew books
Prominent Berlin Jewry. 1696 "Schutzjude Wulff Salomon" House in
Spadauerstrasse where, after the house burnt down, a synagogue was
permitted to be erected. 1698 member of the elders of the community.
1702/3 printed the four Turim of R. Jacob ben Asher and many others
1698 decreed to be the Eldest of Berlin Jewry.
Expelled from Vienna with the Jews in 1670, emigrated to Berlin
- Rabbi Aron I MIRELS (b. about 1740) of London married
Miriam bat Shlomo LEVY.
(Note: this branch's dates don't match well with Aron's siblings. To be fixed. Perhaps d. 1740?)
- Gaon Rabbi Zvi HIRSCH, II
MIRELS (b. 1760, d. 1814) married (about 1777/1779)
Wittusch HOROWITZ (d. 8 March 1815). Rabbi of Vreshna, av beit din, and
formerly the Rabbi of Shverin, author of the book "Mispar Tzvoom",
who passed away in the year 5574, corresponding to the year 1814, with a
good name, having lived through many trying experiences, as mentioned in
the testament he left in Vreshna
- Gaon Rabbi Aharon, II MIRELS
(b. about 1780 Schwerin, d. 1837 Salzbrunn)
married (about 1801) Hanna HALEVI, av beit din,
of the books "Toras Habais" and "Hadras Habais",
Rabbi of Vreshna, and formerly the Rabbi of the following cities:
Chentshin and the district of Krakow, Korb and Uzruov.
(See his yicchus letter: original pages 1,
3 and typed pages
- Rabbi Hayim Haiman MIRELS
(b. 1806/1808, d. 1892).
- Josef Israel MIRELS
- Zivie Cecilie MIRELS
(b. about 1811, d. 1901)
- Dina Debora Dore MIRELS
(b. 1815, d. 11 Dec. 1904)
- Binna MIRELS married Rabbi Zev Wolf Samuel DEMBINSKY
- Esther Hannah DEMBINSKY married
Rabbi Alexander PERLE of the Gaon Rabbi David who served as
Rabbi of Kalish for fifty-two years.
- William David PERLE (b. as Dawid Wolf Perle in Kalish, Poland)
married Miriam CROLL.daughter
of Reb Yehuda Leib Hacohen Croll, who was a disciple of
the Gaon Rabbi Eliezer, the Rabbi of Kalish, and also a
disciple of the latter's successor, the Gaon Rabbi Hyim
Eliezer Wax, author of the book "Nefesh Hyim".
See Yicchus letter written
by William in
18 April 1948 when he lived in North Bergen, New Jersey.
- Anna Esther PERLE m.
Isadore SILIK. No children.
Anna dropped the name Esther when
she married Isadore SILIK.
- Elizabeth (Betty) PERLE (b. 1909, d. 2013 at age 103). Not married.
- Lester Jacob PERLE (b. 1914, d. 1997)
m. Roberta (Bobby) COLLIER (b. 1927, d. 2012)
- Sander Collier PERLE (b. 1949)
Nancy Sandra BLUM
- Scott Ian PERLE (b. 1973) married and
divorced Pamela RAEFORD. Son: Stephen
James PERLE (b. 1999).
- David William PERLE (b. 1977).
Thanks to David for information on this branch of the
family tree including his yicchus brief
- Henry (Hank) PERLE (b. 1951, d. 2012) m. Lydia. No kids.
- Andrew (Andy) PERLE m. and div. Jennifer
Son: Garrett Harry PERLE.
Andrew remarried Suzy.
- Eric PERLE m. Holly.
Children: Jonathan PERLE, Meagan PERLE and
- Channa MIRELS married (1872) Moses HAKOHEN.
- Samuel MIRELS.
- daughter married Chajim KOESLIN (b. 1749, d. 1832)
- Esther Miriam MIRELS married Rabbi Michel SPEYER
- daughter married ?? WOLF
- Sarah MIRELS
- Sarah MIRELS (b. 1670, d. 23 Jan. 1719)
married (m. 1696) Zvi Hirsh ASHKENAZI Haham (b. 1658/1660, d. 1 May 1718)
- daughter married Rabbi Isaac GUENZBURG
Information on this page contributed by
David Peter John LEWIN
davidlewin at btinternet.com,
alisa_Sharon at yahoo.com,
and Shlomo BARNEA.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: