Baruch Jehuda BRANDEIS (LEVI)
had seven children:
Beerman (Bezalel) BRANDEIS,
Esther BRANDEIS, and
Samuel BRANDEIS (who married his third cousin
Beerman (Bezalel) BRANDEIS had a son called
Jakob B. BRANDEIS.
- Jakob B. BRANDEIS (b. 3 June 1835, d. 20 Sep. 1912) was a bookshop owner and publisher in Prague.
BRANDEIS Family Prague. From left to right.
Standing: Richard BRANDEIS, his wife
Offy WINTER, Phillip KOHN husband of Berta BRANDEIS, Dr. Arnold
BRANDEIS, Walter son of Phillip and Berta.
Sitting: Oskar BRANDEIS, Louise BRANDEIS, children of Richard & Offy
sitting Alice BRANDEIS and standing Egon BRANDEIS, Jakob B. BRANDEIS,
- Victor BRANDEIS (Breslau) (b. 18. Oct. 1867, d. 6 Jul. 1912) moved to the
city of Breslau where he continued running the bookstore and publishing firm..
- Willi BRANDEIS (Breslau, later Israel). Took over the family publishing
firm and ran it until Kristallnacht in 1938 when the firm was finished by
the Nazi regime and the family moved to Palestine.
- Victor (Shlomo) BRANDEIS, later changed name to
Shlomo BARNEA (b. 8 June 1930).
Thanks to Shlomo for information on this branch of the
- Gideon BRANDEIS (Israel) (b. 11 Jun. 1933)
- Kaete BRANDEIS (Phillipsberg) moved to U.S.A.
- Richard BRANDEIS (b. 19 Dec. 1865, d. 9 Mar. 1944 Theresinstadt, Holocaust).
Owner of a book print. Married Offy WINTER (b. 4 Feb. 1875, d. 14 Feb.
1943 Theresienstadt, Holocaust).
- Alice BRANDEIS (d. in Nazi camp, Holocaust)
- Doris BRANDEIS (survived Holocaust) married.
- Osvald BRANDEIS (b. 1913, d. 1947), survived Holocaust, changed his name after World War II to Czech version, Osvald BRANDEJS.
- Petr BRANDEJS email@example.com
- Egon BRANDEIS (bank clerk), deported Holocaust and killed in Riga
- Dr. Arnold BRANDEIS (b. 17 Feb. 1872, d. 16 Jan. 1944 Theresienstadt,
Holocaust), neurologist in Prague.
- Berta BRANDEIS
(b. Mar. 1864, d. 19 Oct. 1934) m. Phillip KOHN
- Walter KOHN, gynecologist, converted to Christianity and changed name
to Walter KOERTING.
- Oskar BRANDEIS, bank manager in Bratislava and Budweis. Died before
Holocaust. Married Louise PASCHELES, owner of bookshop and publisher
(b. 6 May 1844, d. 13 May 1907)
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: