PIETRKOWSKI Family Tree
Zivie Cecilie MIRELS
(Bube Tuch) (b. 1797 Kozemin, d. 1901 Jarotschin)
married Matityahu MATHIAS. They had son son.
- Judah MATHIAS (b. 1815 Kozemin, d. 1901 Jarotschin), adopted by his step-father
and changed his name to Julius PIETRKOWSKI.
Attained Posen citizenship (along with his step-father) in Jarotschin in 1834.
Matthrias died and
Zivie remarried (20 Jan. 1835 Wreschen) Julius Juda PIETRKOWSKI, a wealthy man
originally from Posen. They had 18 children of whom 12 survived:
- Mathias PIETRKOWSKI (b. 14 or 27 May 1836 Jarotschin,
d. April 1923 or 1926 Hilbesheim) m.
Idoline Lina Schoene REIMANN (1851-1915)
- Edmund (Peter) PIETRKOWSKI (b. 10 Dec. 1872 Posen,
d. 20 Sep. 1936 Kussnacht, Zurich),
director of I. G. Farben, lawyer.
Peter married Elsie KANTOROWICZ.
- Eva Dorothea PIETRKOWSKI (b. 3 June 1900 Posen,
d. 5 Dec. 1953 Hilterlingen, Bern) first married (16 Mar. 1927 Berlin)
Joseph W. HAMBUECHEN.
Joy Maria HAMBUECHEN (b. 4 Mar. 1943 Zurich,
d. 30 July 1991 Austin, TX)
m. Donald POTTER.
Daughter: Karen A. POTTER.
Eva Dorothea remarried Baron Luiginio FRANCHETTI.
- Beata (Beate) Maria HAMBUECHEN
(b. 18 Dec. 1927 Berlin) first married (6 Feb. 1952)
and divorced (1 Jan. 1969) Adolph CHRIST.
Beata remarried Dauril ALDEN. No children.
- Sandor Ernst CHRIST (b. 27 Jan. 1955 San Francisco, CA,
d. 20 Jan. 1979 Seattle, WA). Unmarried. No children.
- Stephen Ernst CHRIST (b. 17 May 1956 Fayetteville, NC)
m. (1991 Bellingham, WA) Tracy THORNDIKE.
Child: Macallen (Mac) Alexander CHRIST
(b. 22 May 1996).
- Michael Peter CHRIST (b. 23 June 1957 Heidelberg, Germany)
m. (1993 Bellevue, WA) Min ZHANG.
Children: Sean CHRIST (b. 22 Nov. 1994 Seattle WA)
and another son.
- Thomas William CHRIST (b. 31 Jan. 1959 Reedley, CA).
- Walter (Malte) Hugh HAMBUECHEN (b. 16 Mar. 1929 Berlin,
d. Aug. 1984 Australia) first married (1951 Orinda, CA)
Emily. Son: James HAMBUECHEN.
Remarried wife from Cook Islands who died on their honeymoon.
Remarried Here Prinzen in the Cook Islands.
Children: Teoo HAMBUECHEN, Pera HAMBUECHEN, Pera HAMBUECHEN,
and James HAMBUECHEN.
Remarried Miii in the Cook Islands.
Children: Linda HAMBUECHEN, Cindy HAMBUECHEN,
and Joseph HAMBUECHEN.
No information on this line except that his two sons
Teoo and Joseph died with him in an automobile accident in Australia.
- (Maria Antonia) Diana (Mirandi, Bubbles) HAMBUECHEN
(b. 7 July 1932 Zurich) m. (29 Aug. 1954 Cold Spring Harbor, LI)
Stephen Burwell SHARP.
- David Alton SHARP (b. 13 May 1958 Boston, MA)
m. (14 Sep. 1990 Berkeley or Oakland)
Son: Brandon SHARP (b. 14 Aug. 1992 Oakland CA).
- Sarah Antonia SHARP (b. 29 Mar. 1960 Boston)
m. (5 Nov. 1968 Riverside CA) Richard ATEN
- Elizabeth Anne SHARP (b. 24 Apr. 1962 Hamburg, Germany)
- Peter Joseph SHARP (b. 14 Sep. 1964 Princeton, NJ)
- James (Jimmy) Ernst HAMBUECHEN (b. 4 Apr. 1944 Zurich) first
married Leslie HUNT, no children.
Remarried (1995 Seattle, WA) Alexandra, no children
- Baron Amerigo Giovanni Amadeo FRANCHETTI (b. 1938)
m. Michele DUFOUR (b. 1932).
She had a daughter from a previous marriage.
Contact: Christophe DAUMAIN
(the son of Michele's daughter)
- Mark FRANCHETTI married (Aug. 1997) and divorced Giovanna.
Daughter: Cosima (b. 2000).
- Cynthia FRANCHETTI and Mr. AQUARI had a son.
Son: Nicolo AQUARI (b. 1983)
- Ernst PETERS (was: PIETRKOWSKI) (b. 26 Oct. 1902 Posen,
d. 7 Sep. 1964 Stockton, CA) m. (21 Jan. 1928 Berlin)
- Eva Maria PETERS-HUNTING (b. 21 Dec. 1929 Gut Alsenhof,
Uekermark, Germany) m. Walter HUNTING. Adopted Children:
Mari HUNTING, Mark HUNTING.
- Hans Georg W. PETERS (was: PIETRKOWSKI) (b. 3 Sep. 1906 Posen,
d. 1996 London) m. Sylke. No children.
- Georg PIETRKOWSKI (1874-1964) m. (1908)
Eva Friederike MOSER (1890-1984).
- Stefan Carl Louis PETERS (PIETRKOWSKI) (1909-1990)
m. Castanza FERRARA, remarried (1952) Kaethe JACOB.
- Matthew PETERS
- Clara PETERS m. Nachman SIMON. They are Lubovitch and have 13 children.
- Bernard Adolf Salomon PETERS (b. 22 Dec. 1910, d. 2 Feb. 1993)
m. (1934) Hannah Paula Sophie LILIEN (b. 1911)
- Prof. Tom Frank PETERS (b. 1941 Berkeley, CA)
tomfpeters at fast.net.
grew up in Rochester NY, Bombay, Zurich and Copenhagen,
studied architecture in Zurich.
Tom married (1980)
Clotilde Egilda MUELLER (b. 15 May 1953 Switzerland).
They lived in Zurich until 1982 when they
returned to the US. Worked at UC Berkeley, Cornell, Lehigh with a two-year
stint as dean of architecture at Chinese University of Hong Kong 98-00.
Children: Alexandra Clotilde Lilien PETERS (b. 26 April 1983 US),
Clorinde Clotilde Lilien PETERS (b. 3 Aug. 1985 US)
- Jane Susan PETERS (b. 1944) m. (1968)
Jørn Max JACOBSEN. Divorced 1976.
- Michael Edmund PIETRKOWSKI (1914-1980)
m. Miriam WIMPFHEIMER.
Children (adopted): Gilead PIETRKOWSKI and
- Lena Helene PIETRKOWSKI (b. 1919) m.
Abraham KAPLAN (b. about 1915).
Children: Annette KAPLAN,
- Clara PIETRKOWSKI (1882-1957)
m. Arnold DAVIDSON.
- Peter Georg DAVIDSON DD (25.12.1911 Hildesheim-25.3.1987 Nahariya),
married Beate AVRAMOFF. Children: Joram DAVIDSON, Ruth DAVIDSON
- Marianne DAVIDSON married Schlomo CONRAH.
- Moritz PIETRKOWSKI apparently emingrated to the US,
and then came home to Berlin to die c. 1915. No known issue or marriage
- Simon PIETRKOWSKI (d. 1921 Jarotschin) m.
Emma. Children: Anna PIETRKOWSKI, Mirza GOETZ,
and Goetz PIETRKOWSKI
- Aaron PIETRKOWSKI (d. 1900) married Agathe ??.
Children: Leo David PIETRKOWSKI,
Hedwig PIETRKOWSKI m. ?? SCHWAIJWEIN.
- Isaac PATTERSON or PIETRKOWSKI (d. about 1933 New York City), unmarried,
no children. Agent for Equitable Life in New York City.
It was his 3 properties on 5th Ave. that
had to sell cheaply in 1934 to allow the 17 heirs to escape Germany.
- T. PIETRKOWSKI (b. Jarotschin). Mentioned as "Onkel T" in one
family letter. Farmer.
- Leopold PETER or PIETRKOWSKI (b. Jarotschin, d. 1942 Israel)
m. Emma ?? or
Selma COHN (d. 1951 Israel).
Children: Yehuda PIETRKOWSKI, Helga PIETRKOWSKI,
Arthur PIETRKOWSKI, Wanda PIETRKOWSKI m. FISCHER.
- Rosa PIETRKOWSKI (b. Jarotschin) m. ?? SAMTER.
- Claere SAMTER (b. 2 May 1881, d. about 1972)
m. Gustav MAMLOK (b. 25 Dec. 1912).
- Ruth MAMLOK married ?? WOLF. Son: Uri WOLF
- Raffael MAMLOK
- Marianne SAMTER m. ?? VORINSKI
- Julian SAMTER
- Henriette (Jete) PIETRKOWSKI m. Samuel
JOACHIMCZYK. Children: Ernestine JOACHIMCZYK,
Eduard JOACHIMCZYK, and Hermann JOACHIMCZYK.
- Amanda PIETRKOWSKI m. (13 Jan. 1874)
- Aaron PIETRKOWSKI (b. 1900 Jarotschin) m. Agathe AUERBACH
(d. 1930 Berlin). Children: Leo David PIETRKOWSKI and
Hedwig PIETRKOWSKI m. SCHWARZWEISS.
- Another brother in the US as family notes mention three brothers emmigrated to the US. This one may eventually be traceable.
- 7 more children
Alfons PIETRKOWSKI (b. 1868, d. after 1952).
Lived in Breslau. 4 children including a son.
Information on this page contributed by David Peter John LEWIN davidlewin at btinternet.com
with information from
Tom Frank PETERS
tomfpeters at fast.net.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: