I have scanned in an OPPENHEIMER family photo album
which was prepared by my grandmother
Jeanette OPPENHEIMER nee DANNENBERG.
I hope to eventually break out some of the images (possibly rescanning if
necessary) and including the images into the other pages on this branch of the
family (Moses OPPENHEIMER,
Gustav OPPENHEIMER, and
Below are brief descriptions of each page along with links to the page
scans. Please send me better, more detailed captions for inclusion here and
in the family tree itself. Translations of German would also be appreciated.
Click on page number to see the original page. Click on thumbnail images to see a full size version of certain
Page 1: Top. Gimi and Moses OPPENHEIMER.
Bottom: Hemsbach sign, birthplace of Carl OPPENHEIMER and his siblings.
- Page 2:
Top left: Photo of someone (Moses OPPENHEIMER?)
in military uniform (Franco-Prussian war era?),
Top right: Gimi and Moses OPPENHEIMER,
Bottom: Two photos of Moses OPPENEHEIMER's grave.
Page 3: Letter from Moses OPPENHEIMER dated 17 Aug. 1928.
(The back pages of this letter and all other documents are available on demand.)
- Page 4: 3 postcards (1929).
Page 5: 2 letters.
- Page 6: Top left: Rebecka OPPENHEIMER.
Top right: Rebecka and Herman STERN with Gertude and Helen as infants (probably 1915).
Bottom: Gertrude and Helen STERN as young girls.
- Page 7: Top left: Gertrude and Helen in front of Thuril Strul House, Toledo.
Middle left: Helen and Walter TRUEHAFT.
Bottom left: Helen TRUEHAFT with dog.
Right: Article "Sisterhood Sewing So Young May Reap" (about 1968) about Helen TRUEHAFT and
- Page 8: Article "Tailor Reneges on Retirement Date" from The Blade around 1971 about Hermann STERN.
- Page 9: 1931 driver's license of Karl OPPENHEIMER
- Page 10: Top: Photo of Jacob (Jack) OPPENHEIMER.
Bottom: Letter in German from Jack and Mabel OPPENHEIMER to Karl OPPENHEIEMR.
- Page 11: Photo of Bobby and Edward OPPENHEIMER as
small boys (1932).
Letter from Jack and Mabel.
- Page 12: Top left: Bob OPPENHEIMER in a WW2 era uniform.
Top right: Wedding photo Bob and Maita OPPENHEIMER.
Bottom left: Bobby and Maita. Bottom right: Carl and Batya.
- Page 13: Bottom left: Photo of Amanda and Gustav OPPENHEIMER.
background: Letter 1 July 1969 from Gustav OPPENHEIMER to his son Eric OPPENHEIMER
and nephew Steve LOEB upon moving OPPENHEIMER Brothers to 841 Jackson
from 318 Adams.
- Page 14: Top left: Gustav OPPENHEIMER in World War I uniform.
Top right: Gustav OPPPENHEIMER March 1918. Center: Obituary of Gustav OPPENHEIMER.
Middle right: Carl and Gustav with Manny (about 1941?) in front of 60 Drexel Apt.
Bottom left: Gustav and Amanda. Bottom center: Obituary of Amanda OPPENHEIMER nee
FLORSHEIM (in German). Bottom right: Amanda OPPENHEIMER.
- Page 15: Top left: Amanda OPPENHEIMER with Erich and Alfred
as young boys (around 1928). Top right: Eric and Fridi (Alfred) OPPENHEIMER as
toddlers (around 1926). Middle left: Eric and Fredi. Center: Eric and Fredi with ???.
Middle right: Eric and Fredi, schoolboys. Bottom left: Eric and Fredi, bar mitzvah?.
Bottom right: Eric and Fredi met during WW2 in Asia.
- Page 16: Top left: Baby photo of Alfred OPPENHEIMER (?).
Bottom left: Announcement of Erich OPPENHEIMER's birth. Top right: First day to school.
Center: Eric's bar mitzvah. Bottom right: Eric and Fredi met during WW2 in Asia.
- Page 17: Top: Photos of Howard OPPENHEIMER (around 1, 7, 13 years
old). Bottom: Eric OPPENHEIMER and Anna (Oma's maid) July 1971.
- Page 17b: Top: 6 photos of Al OPPENHEIMER in U.S. Navy.
Middle left: Formal photo of Al and Batya. Bottom left: Al and Batya in Israel.
Center: Al (Asher) and Batya at Yiftach Kibbutz in Israel. Bottom right:
Photos of Gil OPPENHEIMER as toddler (1954) and small boy on monkey bars (1956).
Bottom Center: Al and Batya on porch.
- Page 18: Children of Al and Batya OPPENHEIMER.
Top left: Gil (?), Top right: Gil in front of Mishpawcha House with umbrella (April 1955).
Middle left: Gil, Orna, and Danny in bath (June 1961).
Middle right: Batya and Orna.
Bottom left: Gil and Orna. Right: Gil, Orna, Dan and Miriam (March 1962).
Bottom right: Color baby photo of Joel (?).
- Page 19: Top: Jack OPPENHEIMER.
Middle: Jacob WEINGARTNER and Carl. Bottom: Carl OPPENHEIMER.
- Page 20: Top Left: Max SCHMIDT.
Top right: Wedding photo of Max and Betty SCHMIDT.
Bottom left: Max and Betty SCHMIDT.
Bottom right: Max and Betty SCHMIDT in a horse drawn carriage.
- Page 21: Top left: 1935 photo of Manfred, Betty, Hilde, and Max.
Top: Manfred, , Betty, Hilde, Max SCHMIDT August 1938. Top right: August 1938 Betty and Max.
Left: Hilde and Manfred.
Bottom left: ?. Bottom: ?. Bottom right: Manfred, Betty, and Hilde at Betty's 75th birthday
- Page 22: Top left: Hilde SCHMIDT, 1st day of school with
school entry cone. Top: Betty and Hilde (?). Top right: Eric HEILBRON in Military uniform.
Left: Gustel and David as baby boy (1948). Bottom left: Hilde, David and Eric (1948) (?).
Right: David and Mark in the bath (about 1951-1952). Bottom: Hilde, David (as toddler) and Eric.
Bottom right: Hilde with David and Mark at Everett Avenue.
- Page 23: Top left: Manny SCHMIDT on first day of school.
Top: Small photo of Manny with Gimmy OPPENHEIMER and ... at Hemsbach barn.
Below that school photo of Manny. Top right: Manny on bicycle (April 1945).
Bottom 4 more photos.
- Page 23b: Top: Manfred and family from left to right Debbie, Jonathan, Danny, Judah, Manfred, Sarah, Michael, Joshua on the beach August 1971.
Left: Manfred and family in a blue convertible.
Right: Manfred and family on the beach 1972.
Bottom: Betty SCHMIDT and Manfred's children 1975.
- Page 24: Top: Manfred and family on porch steps.
Bottom: Manfred and family under tree.
- Page 25: Top left:
Gimmi OPPENHEIMER and Manny SCHMIDT (6 years old) at Gimmi's 70th and Manfred's 6th birthday (1936).
Top right: Gimmi OPPENHEIMER.
Bottom: Gimmi OPPENHEIMER nee WEINGAERTNER's Green Card.
- Page 26: Top left: Gimmi OPPENHEIMER,
Top right: Anne OPPENHEIMER, Gimmi OPPENHEIMER, and Betty SCHMIDT at
Left: Gimmi OPPENHEIMER.
Right: Obituary in German for Gimi OPPENHEIMER nee WEINGAERTNER.
Bottom: Two photos of Gimi OPPENHEIMER and Katchen SPELMOV at Oakton Monu. Wise.
- Page 27: Photo of 80th birthday dinner (1946) for Gimi OPPENHEIMER
at Tel-Aviv Restaurant on Clark Street. Back row: Carl and Anne OPPENHEIMER, Jack and
Mabel OPPENHEIMER, Gustav and Amanda OPPENHEIMER. Front row: Max and Betty SCHMIDT,
Gimi OPPENHEIMER, Rebeccka and Herman STERN. Right: Similar photo.
Left: 1946 photo of Carl, Gustav, Jack, Rebeccka, Gimi, Betty at 5439 University
Avenue SCHMIDT house. Bottom left: Similar photo.
June 1955 Manfred SCHMIDT wedding to Sara.
In photo: Jack OPPENHEIMER, Carl OPPENHEIMER, Betty SCHMIDT, Gustav OPPENHEIMER.
Bottom right: Top row: Al OPPENHEIMER son of Gustav, Norbert LOEB, Bobby OPPENHEIMER son of Jack,
Bottom row: Steve LOEB, Manfred SCHMIDT (son of Betty), and Eddy OPPENHEIMER (son of Jack).
- Page 29: Top left: K.C. 1937.
Left: Kansas City, STERN's family.
Right: STERN tombstone.
Bottom: Gimmi OPPENHEIMER and Clare.
- Page 31: Carl OPPENHEIMER with JUF Fund Raising Team.
- Page 32: Joanie LOEB with the LOEB Dachshund.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org