Other STAROBINSKYs not necessarily related
- Alexei A. STAROBINSKY, L. D. LANDAU Institute of
Theoretical Physics, Moscow, coauthor of Quantum-to-classical Transition of Cosmological Perturbations for
Non-vacuum Initial States
- Jean STAROBINSKI (b. Geneva 1920) Swiss literary critic, philosopher and author.
(See Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
XV p. 341.)
Words upon Words : The Anagrams of Ferdinand De Saussure,
1789 : The Emblems of Reason,
The Invention of Liberty, 1700-1789,
Revolution in Fashion : European Clothing, 1715-1815,
The Living Eye (Harvard Studies in Comparative Literature, No 40),
1789 : The Emblems of Reason,
Montaigne in Motion,
Largesse (Parti Pris (Reunion Des Musees Nationaux (France)).),
Blessings in Disguise; Or, the Morality of Evil,
Transparency and Obstruction
And in French:
Action et reaction,
Anatomie de la melancolie,
Diderot dans l'espace des peintres. Le Sacrifice en reve.,
Discours sur l'origin et les fondements de l'inegalite parmi les hommes
- David STAROBINSKI,
Ph.D. student, Electrical Engineering, Technion.
- Esther STAROBINSKI-SAFRAN, author of
De fuga et inventione,
Le buisson et la voix, and
- Mejlak STAROBINSKIJ
- Yankel Mejlakov STAROBINSKIJ
(b. around 1838, d. 8 Jan. 1913 Chernigov of
- Morris STARBINKSY or Morros STAROBINSKY. Hebrew name Tanchen
Gershon. Changed name to STARR. Born about 1883 Grodno (?),
died about 1925.
Married Gussie (Gitel?) LUBARET who came to U.S. from Warsaw.
- Phylis STAROBIN married
Eugene GOSFIELD, son of Rudolf GOSFIELD, who was the brother of
Liba GOSFIELD, great Grandmother thru her son Meyer BELL and his son
Eugene BELL to his daughter, Lesley Sandra (Liba Sura) wife of
- Riva STAROBINSKIJ (d. 13 Aug. 1918 Chernigov).
- Rueven/Rubin STAROBINSKY is mentioned in the Yanow memorial book
- R. N. STAROBINSKY, acoustician
- Sandy STAROBIN, U.S. television newsman, related to radical
writer Joseph STAROBIN.
- Shneir STAROBINSKY (d. 1930s).
- Abraham STAROBINSKY (b. 1925 Letki, Ukraine, d. 1993 New York)
- Aleksander STAROBINSKY (b. 1951 Kiev, Ukraine). Lives in New York
- Yehiel STAROBINSKY (Poland). Had three children by
his first wife. She died, he remarried her sister Rivka and
they had one more daughter.
- Aron STAROBINSKI (1893-1965), physician,
lived in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Prof. Jean STAROBINSKI (b. 1920 Geneva)
University of Geneva (literature, philosophy, history
of science). Johns Hopkins University 1953-1956.
(See Encyclopedia Judaica 22 Volume Set
> XV p. 341.)
- Joseph STAROBINSKI (b. ~1931) firstname.lastname@example.org
Crespin 1, CH1206 Geneve, Suisse.
- David STAROBINSKI lives 3 Gilboa, 32716
- son Shlomo (lived in Warsaw, died with wife and 3
children in Holocaust)
- daughter Batya, mother of Amos (b. 1931
Dvinsk, Latvia) and Tsfira Yonatan (b. 1925
Jerusalem). Contact: Amos's wife
Ida COHEN Selavan, 19/1 Moskowitz Street,
Rehovot 76473 Israel.
- Zacharias STAROBINSKY, had many sisters and
brothers (apparently, he was the only who came to Argentina).
Zacharias STAROBINSKY fought in the first world war, and he married with
Lea MEN (b. 1890, d. 1989).
Contact: greatgrandson Sebastian WAIN
sebastian_wain at hotmail.com
- Michel STAROZINKSI, Toulouse, France, michel.starozinski at cnes.fr
Other STARRs not necessarily related
- Albert STARR. His father immigrated from Kiev, Russia to
New York City in the late 1890s. Five siblings. Settled in
Philadelphia when he married Rae GORDON. He opened shoe stores for
many years for a shoe-store chain. Then purchased a liquor store in
Washington, D.C. and lived in Silver Spring, MD until he died.
Contact: Edna STARR widow of Albert's son Norman STARR. Their son Jeffrey
STARR (Andover, Mass.) is the father of two sons.
Alan Wilbor STARR, Ph.D. math Harvard Univ. 1969
- Allan STARR, advertising
agency president, Hawaii
- Bart STARR
byname of Bryan Bartlett STARR (b. Jan. 1934, Montgomery, Ala., U.S.), U.S.
collegiate and professional football quarterback and professional coach, who led the
National Football League (N.F.L.) Green Bay Packers to five league championships and
two Super Bowl victories (1967-68).
- (Myra) Belle STARR
née SHIRLEY (b. Feb. 5, 1848, Washington County, Mo.,
U.S. d. Feb. 3, 1889, near Briartown, Okla.), U.S. outlaw
of Texas and the Oklahoma Indian Territory.
- Boris (Bernard) STARR (orig. STAROSELSKY c. 1900). came from Kiev or Odessa.
Sons: Milton STARR, Edgar STARR, Leo STARR. Lived in Chicago and New York.
Contact: granddaughter Paula STARR SHERRIN
- Brenda STARR, famous carton character drawn by
Dale MESSICK (b. 1906)
- Cassandra (Sandy) STARR, Polish, Perhaps originally STAROBINSKI.
Married Louis MARTINEZ, Mexican. Divorced 1976.
- Travis Lee STARR (b. 21 July 1964 Gary, Indiana).
Travis was adopted and renamed Stephen ATTRAGON.
Attragon at cs.com.
- Carol STARR,
Author and owner of STARR Gift Baskets, 10606 Hempstead #118,
Houston, Texas 77092.
- Christopher W. STARR,
starrc at cofc.edu, Associate Professor
of Computer Science, College of Charleston
Colin STARR, Ph.D. Univ. Kentucky 1998
- Dr. Comfort STARR (d. ~1660). A book was published the late
1800's which traces the STARR family back to 17th
century England. For more information, contact his descendant
Leon (Lloyd Joseph) STARR.
- Darlene STARR,
family's name "STARR" is the Canadianized version of STARISNIC??
Austrian descent and Roman Catholic faith.
Her grandfather Joseph STARR, emigrated to Canada in
the 1920's; he was an engineer for the National Research Council in Ottawa.
Although most of his siblings have passed away, there are still relatives
living in Austria, Yugoslavia and Italy, as well as Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Apparently, only the family members in North America have taken
the name "STARR". One interesting point
about the family is that the first male born in each generation is named
Joseph; her father is the 7th Joseph STARR and my brother is the 8th
generation Joseph STARR. He is 19 and following in his grandfather's
footsteps, that is, he is studying engineering at university while she will be
graduating in April 96 with two degrees, B. Arts in sociology and
business degree in information systems.
He has recently been doing research on my own on the STARR family
origin, has come across several books containing valuable
information. Due to this winfall of information he has
decided to add aditional information on my own home page
on STARR tradition (online in December 1995). His grandfather has an
registered (with Canadian Government) crest.
David W. STARR, Ph.D. math Univ. Illinois Urbana-Champaign 1940.
- David STARR Jordan and his students collected North
American freshwater fish for the National Museum of Natural History
from the 1860s to 1920s.
- Douglas STARR, writer Smithsonian
Edith Nelson STARR, Ph.D. math. Univ. of Cal. Berkeley 1992.
- Ellen Gates STARR, directed Chicago's Hull House 1889 to help city's poor
- I. M. STARR, mathematician, Leeds
Jason Michael STARR, Ph.D. Math Harvard Univ. 2000
- John STARR and his descendants are from Arkansas
- David STARR married Pherbia
- William Cleo STARR
- James STARR married Peggy
is a writer for both print and screen. A former White
House official and foreign policy
expert, her commentaries appear in leading U.S. newspapers, including the Washington Post, L. A. Times,
and Miami Herald. She is also a frequent guest on television and radio talk shows,
(Cable News Network Headliner News,
Good Morning America, Face the Nation to cite a few.) She is the author of
Covenant over Middle Eastern Waters,
Faxes to God,
Kissing Through Glass: The Invisible Shield Between Americans and Israelis, and
Politics of Scarcity: Water in the Middle East.
In the film arena, Joyce STARR Productions recently produced a video on biblical antiquities in Israel entitled
Roots of Faith and is
working with Hollywood screenwriter, Dan GORDAN, (Murder in the First, Passenger 57, Wyatt Earp) and Perpetual Motion Film
(A"E Epic Biography Series), and other houses to develop feature and documentary films.
- Three siblings Leopold STARR, Yetta STARR and Freda STARR who lived in Louisville, KY.
Their name STARR originated in the US (probably from STERN).
Contact: Irene STARR STARR at langlab.umass.edu.
(Her website ttp://www.starr.net/kbh/.)
- Freda STARR m. Isaac SLAUGHTER
- Betty SLAUGHTER m. Leopold MENDEL
- Ira MENDEL
- Ira MENDELL.
- Alice MENDELL married Kenneth STARR, special prosecutor in Whitewater investigation
- Leopold STARR m. Hanada GOLDSMITH, daughter of Napoleon GOLDSMITH
(1811-1851) and Zerlina ROSENTHAL, daughter of
Rachel ABRAMS and Raphael ROSENTHAL (1770-1846).
Raphael ROSENTHAL was alleged to have
been one of the strongest men in Napoleon BONEPARTE's army. Several guys could not pull
from his hands a sword he held by the blade. However, when he tried it with
just one hand, they succeeded and he lost his fingers.
- Norton STARR m. Leah WOOLF.
- Raymond STARR m. Hortense DAVIDSON
- Yetta STARR m. Meyer MEYER
- Bertha MEYER m. Ike KLEEMAN
- Amy KLEEMAN m. Leonard LUSKY.
- Louis LUSKY (b. 1946/7 Ridgewood, NJ, d. 4 Jan. 2001) m. Ruth.
According to the
Law website: A pioneer in
the field of civil rights law and a constitutional law scholar, Louis LUSKY was Betts
Professor Emeritus of Law at Columbia Law School. He began his legal career
as a clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harlan STONE, during which time he
helped draft the famous Footnote 4 in United States v. Carolene Products.
The footnote asserts that the Court might adopt a higher level of judicial
scrutiny in matters concerning noneconomic regulation, which has been
applied in cases involving the protection of the integrity of the political
process, particularly those involving religious, national, or racial
minorities where prejudice might be operative. ...
- Some KLEEMAN descendants still live in Clarksville, KY.
- Lowell STARR, n6tyv at aol.com,
diagnostic programmer, San Jose, CA.
Norman STARR, Ph.D. math Columbia Univ. 1967.
- Page STARR, mathematician,
- Patrick J. STARR, mathematician, University of Minnesota
- Paul STARR, Montreal, Grandfather's (1890-1926)
original Russian Jewish family was STARSELSKY??. (Wife's
uncle is Michel LOEB from Nice.)
- Paul STARR, Pulitzer Prize winning letter Social
Transformation of American Medicine, 1984.
- Ringo STARR Originally Richard STARKEY.
British musician who was the colorful drummer of the Beatles (1962-1970).
- Robert STARR,
police investigator, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Ross M. STARR, economist, University of California San Diego
Shannon Lee STARR, Ph.D. UC Davis 2001.
- Stella STARR pseudonym of
starr at display.co.uk,
cartoonist of Lone Star Comix
- Tom STARR,
- Tommy and Alicia STARR have a page of
links. "My grandfather was Tony Staroselski, he was born in Gomel, Ukraine, in 1873.
He married Sonia ASBEL, who was born in Chernikov, Ukraine, in 1878. My
father, Jack, and his brother Moe, and his sister
Riva, all changed the name
to STARR after their arrival in Montreal, Canada."
- Family trees listed at Beth Hatefutsoth (Museum of the Jewish
Diaspora). For additional information contact:
bhgnlgy at post.tau.ac.il.
- STROBINSKI family: Yerachmiel
- STAROBIN family: Angela, Lawrence b. 1914,
Michael b. 1954, Morton b. 1948, Shirley b. 1916
- STAROVINSKY family: Bluma, Dov
(b. 1913 Belchatov Poland
d. 1989), Hadar (b. 1990 Bat Yam Israel), Itay
(b. 1985 Bat Yam Israel), Jacob (b. 1954 Tel Aviv
Israel), Meir, Michael (b. 1885 Gur Poland), Roy
- STORBINKSY family: Bernice
- Others collecting information on STARR:
- Ethan STARR
326 North Carolina Ave Se
Washington Dc 20003
- Carol BOTTERON, botteron at alum.mit.edu
36 Porter St. Somerville, MA 02143
- Todd C. LAWRENCE, tclri at aol.com,
46 Monk Road, Warwick, RI 02889
- Sally Rolls PAVIA,
9447 Newport Drive, Sun City,
- Paula RADWANSKI, ronrad at epix.net
RR #1 Box 416, Tunkhannock, PA 18657-9435
- Jerome PHILLIPS,
11 Cryer Circle, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
- Charles HOLLIDAY, 74762.430 at compuserve.com
RR #1 Box 131-E, Crown Point, NY 12928-9722
- Bobbie SCHOONMAKER, MrsFOX at aol.com
- Vicki HUTCHISON, vicki at qualcomm.com
3934 Mt Ainsworth Ave, San Diego, CA 92111
- Frank SCOGLIO, 5171 Trevon, Eugene, OR 97402
STARR is also a county of Texas. (40,518 inhabitants, county seat: Rio Grande City)
Daniel E. LOEB,