Karoline OPPENHEIMER married Max PFAELZER.
They had twelve children:
- Adelheid PFAELZER (d. 2 years old)
- Simon PFAELZER (1843?-1905) m. Cassie THEOBALD (Youngstown).
- Oswald PFAELZER m. ADAMS
- Howard PFAELZER
- Rena PFAELZER
- Franklin PFAELZER m. Blanche WALKER (Boston).
- Clara PFAELZER (1852-1862)
- Fredricke PFAELZER (1860-1920) m. Nathan KAHN.
- Herta KAHN (1891-1906)
- Friedrich KAHN (b. 1885) m. Rosa ISRAEL.
Children: Frank KAHN, and Lotte KAHN m. George HEIMAN.
- Leopold KAHN (b. 1882) m. Frieda KAHN.
Sons: Hans KAHN and Ernst KAHN.
- Lina PFAELZER (1849?-1920) m. Isaac STRAUSS (Youngstown).
They changed their name to STROUSS when they came to the United States so that the name would be
- Helene STROUSS (1880-1964) m. Harry MEYER (Youngstown)
- Jerold MEYER (b. 1903) m. Raenette? PURDY
- Jeralyn Purdy MEYER (b. 1937) m. Harry Rhett PINSKY.
Son: Adam A. PINSKY (b. 1966) and John PINSKY (b. after 1966)
- James Purdy MEYER (b. 1940) m. Virginia FOX.
Children: Debora MEYER (b. 1962),
Howard MEYER (b. 1963) and Scott MEYER (b. 1963).
- Merabeth MEYER m. Daniel ROTH.
Children: Jennifer ROTH (b. 1960)
and William ROTH (b. 1951).
- Leona Jean MEYER (b. 1906) m. Arthur EINSTEIN (Youngstown).
Physicist Albert EINSTEIN wrote to Arthur's father (17 Dec. 1947)
"it may not be possible to establish common ancestors for certain,
but probability speaks strongly for it." He also named his father and grandfather, and
Arthur's father claimed that common ancestry was established.
- Arthur EINSTEIN, Jr. (b. 1933)
married (Sep. 1970) Ingrid D. MATSNTER.
Children: Nicholas EINSTEIN (b. 1971), Elizabeth EINSTEIN (b. 1974)
and Abigail EINSTEIN (b. 1976).
Thanks to Arthur for information about this branch of the family tree.
- Carol EINSTEIN (b. 1934) m. Jerald MUSKIN.
Children: Joshua MUSKIN (b. 1957), Robert B. MUSKIN (b. 1960),
Amy MUSKIN (b. 1963).
- Clarence J. STROUSS, Sr. m. Elaine AUGUST (Youngstown)
- Clarence J. STROUSS, Jr. (b. 1918) m. Margaret EMMONS (Youngstown)
- Catherine Elaine STROUSS (b. 1942)
m. William H. BICKEL.
- Scott W. BICKEL (b. 1962) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy S. BICKEL (b. 1964)
- Allan Emmons STROUSS (b. 1946)
- Anne STROUSS (b. 1949)
- Janet H. STROUSS (b. 1954)
- Sarah Lee STROUSS (b. 1921) m. Edwin R. BRODY (Youngstown)
Children: Susan C. BRODY (b. 1948) and
Paula J. BRODY (b. 1951).
- Stanley STROUSS (b. 1927) m. Theresa CALLAN? (Youngstown).
Children: Elaine A. STROUSS (b. 1952),
Stanene M. STROUSS (b. 1954),
Callan J. STROUSS (b. 1956), and Jeanne M. STROUSS (b. 1958)
- Dr. Albert A. STROUSS (b. 1924) m. Lillian CADIFF (Youngstown)..
Children: Sandra E. STROUSS (b. 1949), Patricia C. STROUSS (b. 1952)
and David C. STROUSS (b. 1956).
- Morris PFAELZER (b. 184?, d. 1913) m. Sophie KAHN (Philadelphia)
- Frank PFAELZER (1875-1925) m. Elsie LEVY (Phil.)
- Betty PFAELZER (b. 1916) m. Horace WARNER.
- Mildred PFAELZER (b. 1921) m. Robert JACOBS. (Phil.)
Children: Carol JACOBS and Richard JACOBS.
- Richard PFAELZER (b. 1920) m. Peggy GOLDSMITH (Los Angeles).
Children: Peter PFAELZER and Eliane PFAELZER
- Morris PFAELZER (b. 1913, d. 1980s) first married
Remarried Marianna (b. 1926 Los Angeles, California).
Marianna She received an A.B. from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1949.
She received a J.D. from the UCLA School of Law in 1957.
She was in private practice in Los Angeles, California from
1957 to 1978.
PFAELZER was a federal judge on the United States District Court for
the Central District of California. PFAELZER was nominated by President
Jimmy CARTER on August 8, 1978, to a seat vacated by Francis C. WHELAN.
She was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 22, 1978, and received commission on September 23, 1978.
She was the first female District Judge appointed to that District. She assumed senior status on December 31, 1997.
She is noted for her role in striking down California's Proposition 187,
which would have denied services to illegal aliens.
- Ray PFAELZER m. Joy ABRAMS
- Betty PFAELZER m. Michael RAUCH.
- Henrietta PFAELZER (b. 1878) m. Justice Horace STERN (Phil.)
- Sophie STERN (b. 1908) m. Judge Henry FRIENDLY
- David FRIENDLY (b. 1932) m. Irene BAER.
- Deborah FRIENDLY
married David KAUFMAN.
Sons: Kevin KAUFMAN,
Aidan KAUFMAN and Jeremy KAUFMAN.
- Michael FRIENDLY (b. 1965) married Moira SHANAHAN.
- James FRIENDLY
- Joan FRIENDLY (b. 1934) m. Frank GOODMAN.
- Lisa GOODMAN (b. 1961) married William WEINREB.
Children: Caleb WEINREB, Gabriel WEINREB, Susannah WEINREB
- Barak GOODMAN (b. 1963) married Rachel DRETZIN. Children: Noah GOODMAN, Jesse GOODMAN,
and Ruby GOODMAN
- Ellen Pfaelzer GOODMAN
email@example.com (b. 1965) married David COHEN.
Children: Lev COHEN, Ruth COHEN, and Niva Pfaelzer COHEN.
Lev COHEN is a classmate of Benjamin LOEB.
Thanks to Ellen for information on this branch of the
- Jonathan GOODMAN (b. 1969) married Jennifer RUDICK.
Children: Anna GOODMAN, Evan GOODMAN
- Ellen FRIENDLY (b. 1937) m. Stephen SIMON.
- David SIMON (b. 1961) married Susan GALVIN.
Children: Sarah SIMON, and Jeffrey SIMON
- Daniel SIMON
- James SIMON
- Adam SIMON (b. 1968) married Amy ?.
Children: Matthew SIMON and Kate SIMON
- Sarah PFAELZER (b. 1847, d. 1914) m. Simon SCHWEIZER (Flemingen).
- Frieda SCHWEIZER m. Carl NEUMAIER
- Arnold NEUMAIER first married Lucille KOHN,
remarried Juliette KIND.
- Max NEUMAIER m. Beatrice LEVY (New Orleans).
- Simon SCHWEIZER m. Blanche GARETSON (Philadelphia)
- Emilie SCHWEIZER m. Arthur VEIS.
Children: Alfred VEIS, Fritz VEIS and Ernest VEIS.
- Fannie PFAELZER (1841-1899) m. Samuel KIND (Philadelphia).
Contact: Samuel's sister Wilhemine KIND's great-great-granddaughter Linda
- Clara KIND (1871-1951) m. Joseph KOHN (Phil.).
- Lucille KOHN (1910-1960) m. Richard NEUMAIER (Phila.)
- Ellen Louise NEUMAIER (b. 1942) m. Howard SCHWARTZ
- Margot K. NEUMAIER (b. 1944)
- Lawrence M. KOHN (1896-1925)
- Madeline K. KOHN (b. 1898) m. Howard E. STERN (Phil.)
- Babette K. STERN (b. 1928) m. Dr. Julius E. ISAACSON (New Orleans).
Children: Robbin S. ISAACSON (b. 1954),
Kim M. ISAACSON (b. 1957),
Juliet R. ISAACSON (b. 1959),
Gail Madeline ISAACSON (b. 1964), and
Pamela Florence ISAACSON (b. 1964).
- Rosalie Clara STERN (b. 1931) m. Dr. Norman N. COHEN.
Children: Donna M. COHEN (b. 1956),
Wendy S. COHEN (b. 1958) and
Warren L. COHEN (b. 1964).
- Frank KIND (1872-1934) Philadelphia.
- Morris KIND (1875-1933) m. Nellie BICE (Philadelphia)
- Adelaide KIND (b. 1926) m. WEIL (Baltimore). One child.
- Oscar KIND (b. 1877) m. Theresa KATZ (Phil.)
- Juliet KIND (b. 1904) first married Dr. Cimed HERRMAN.
Juliet remarried Richard NEUMAIER.
- Dr. John C. HERRMAN (b. 1937) m. Mary MURRAD?.
Children: Kathy HERRMAN (b. 1952), Kim HERRMAN (b. 1956), and
Lisa HERRMAN (b. 1962).
- Therese HERRMAN m. Dr. Kenneth KRON.
Children: Linda KRON (b. 1952),
Carol KRON (b. 1954), and Juliet KRON (b. 1957).
- Oscar KIND, Jr. (b. 1909) m. Marjorie ASHER (Phila.).
- Stephen KIND m. Bonnie MILLER
- Peter KIND m. Margarette May.
Son: Michael P. KIND (b. 1964).
- Philip KIND (1881-1952) m.
Bessie KATZENBERG (Phil.)
- Samuel KIND 2d (b. 1916) m. Dorothy EINBERGER? (Phila.)
- Kay KIND (b. 1943) m. George BRADLEY.
Daughter: Lisa Beth BRADLEY (b. 1963)
- Connie KIND (b. 1947)
- Milton KIND (1920-1941)
- Philip KIND, Jr. (b. 1918) m. Patricia Ian AMERINGEN.
Children: Kenneth Arnold KIND (b. 1953),
Laura Beth KIND (b. 1955),
Cynthia Ann KIND (b. 1952), Volerie Kay KIND (b. 1957), and
Andrew Henry KIND (b. 1960).
- Fred PFAELZER (1859-1890)
- Regina PFAELZER (b. 1858) m. Max MARSHALL (Grinsheim).
- Sophie MARSHALL m. Dr. Paul COHN.
- Walter MARSHALL m. Lotte.
Daughter: Medeline MARSHALL.
- Emilie PFAELZER (1853-1915) m. Sam MARSHALL (Manheim).
- Selma MARSHALL (b. 1876) m. Heinrich HAUSER (Ladenburg).
Children: Ernest HAUSER, Oscar HAUSER, Meta HAUSER,
and one more child.
- Felix MARSHALL (b. 1876) (Sweritz?)
- Flora MARSHALL (b. 1877) m. Dr. Salomon LEVY.
- Alice LEVY m. Gaston BENEDICT. One child.
- Mina MARSHALL (1879-1880)
- Oscar MARSHALL (1880-1882)
- Clara MARSHALL (b. 1897) (Sister Abnata?)
- Max MARSHALL (1894-1964).
Thanks to Ellen GOODMAN
(a fellow member of the Havurah at Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El)
for sharing her copy of OPPENHEIMER-PFAELZER
Family 14 Generations: 1496-1966,
a family tree compiled by Howard E. STERN (from information furnished by
Max MARSHALL and Jean EINSTEIN).
Daniel E. LOEB,