Glickel Kaethi SCHLESINGER (b. 1818) m.
Moshe Nahum HIRSCHLER (b. 1810 Vienna, d. 1896 Vienna).
- Regina HIRSCHLER m. GREENWALD
- Sabina HIRSCHLER m. SICHERMANN-WOLF
- Bernhard Bunim Zevulun HIRSCHLER
- R. Shimon HIRSCHLER (d. 1933 Pressburg)
- R. Benjamin Zevulun Bernhard HIRSCHLER
(1919 Bratislava –1990 London).
Son: R. Shimon HIRSCHLER (b. 1944 London).
Grandson: Shimon HIRSCH
- Klara HIRSCHLER m. Asher GROSS
- Eliezer David Leopold HIRSCHLER m. his second-cousin Adele FLEISCHMANN (b. Vienna, d. 1949 London)
- Benjamin Shlomo HIRSCHLER (1896 Lackenbach-1967 London)
- Rivka Glickel HIRSCHLER (1898 Vienna-1937 Vienna)
m. Shlomo BRUNER (1882 Lackenbach-1945 Manchester)
- Lisbeth Tirza BRUNER (b. 1921 Vienna)
m. Eliezer STECKEL (b. 1914). 2 children
- Eliezer David Walter BRUNER (b. 1922 Vienna)
m. Malka SCHREIBER (1924 Vienna) 10 children,
83 grandchildren, 31 g grandchildren
- Aharon (BRUNER) BAR-NIR (b. 1924 Vienna)
m. Rivka LANDAU (b. 1933 Paris)
- Neomi BAR-NIR (b. 1954 natania)
m. Eldad KENTI (b. 1953 Israel) 3 children
- Yigal BAR-NIR (b. 1956) m. Pninit (b. 1961) 3 children
- Nitza BAR-NIR (b. 1960-1972)
- Hedi HIRSCHLER (b. 1900 Vienna, d. 1978 Bne Brak)
m. SCHOENFELD. 3 children
- Rachel Lea HIRSCHLER (b. 1901 Vienna, d. 1945 Czechoslovakia)
m. STEINER. 3 children
- Itzhak Akiva Richard HIRSCHLER (1903 Vienna –1934 London)
- Adolf Avraham HIRSCHLER (1859-1908 Vienna)
m. Helena Hinda FRIEDMANN (1868 Krakow-1934 Vienna)
- Joseph HIRSCHLER (b. 1889 Vienna, d. 1917 Russia)
- Bernhard Bunim HIRSCHLER (1892 Vienna-1962 Baltimore)
m. Ellis DUKES (b. 1907 Budapest)
- Gertrude Reizel HIRSCHLER (1929 Baltimore-1994 NY)
- Helena Hinda HIRSCHLER b. 1934 Baltimore)
m. Max HAENDLER.
Daughter: Shira Liora HAENDLER (b. 1979 Baltimore)
- Asenath Nitzevet Nina HIRSCHLER (1863-1903 Budapest)
m. Joseph STERNBERG (1856-1943 Budapest).
Joseph STERNBERG remarried 1903 Amalia (d. 1945 Budapest)
- Zevulun Jonathan Zavi STERNBERG (1880 Budapest-1944 Switzerland)
m. (1908) Margit Gitel DACH (b. 1888 Vac, Hungary,
d. 1975 Jerusalem)
- Asenath Lulu STERNBERG (b. 15.1.1924 Budapest)
(Twin of Erica) m. Geza SZAMOSI
- Michael SZAMOSI (b. 1945 Budapest) m. ….(two daughters)
- Anna Panni SZAMOSI (b. 1950 Budapest)
m. …. (two sons)
- Erica Esther Bat-Zion STERNBERG
(15.1.1924- 1944 Budapest) (Twin of Asenath)
- Moshe Nahum Ocsi STERNBERG (b. 1928 Budapest)
m. 1961 Malka Mady ERLICH (b. 1928 Liberetz, Czechoslovakia)
- Esther Esti STERNBERG (1881 Budapest-1940 Haifa, Israel)
m. Isaac Shmuel Samuel Sogor FELDMANN (1880 Budapest-1959
- Rosa STERNBERG (b. 1882 Budapest, d. 25 Feb 1929 Budapest)
m. Asher RADO (b. 1872 Nuernberg, d. 24 Jan. 1929 Budapest).
- Olga RADO (b. 1911 Germany, d. 1980 Natanya, Israel)
m. Jules FREUDMANN (b. Antwerp, Belgium, d. Israel).
Twin daughters: Tamara FREUDMANN and Ruth FREUDMANN.
- Ludwig RADO (1921 Budapest-1944 Auschwitz)
- Shimon RADO (b. 1922 Budapest)
- Emil-Azriel RADO (b.1925 Budapest) m. Chana LOWENTHAL (b. Holland)
- Eytan RADO m. Chana AZULAY.
Children: Hila RADO (b. 1980); Dikla RADO (b. 1981);
David RADO (b. 1987); Vered RADO (b. 1991)
- Gila RADO m. Yehuda AKIVA.
Children: Eynav AKIVA (b. 1982);
Ortal AKIVA (b. 1984); Raphael AKIVA (b. 1989);
Yair AKIVA (b. 1992)
- Idit RADO m. Avi PRISANT.
Children: Nethanel PRISANT (b. 1984); Efrat PRISANT (b. 1986);
Shimon PRISANT (b. 1987); Hadas PRISANT (b. 1988);
Noam PRISANT (b. 1993); Yael PRISANT (b. 1997)
- Orna RADO m. 1990 Yaron HARITAN.
Children: Adi HARITAN (b. 1992); Elad HARITAN (b. 1994)
- Itzhak (Isaac) STERNBERG
(b. 1884 Budapest, d. 1944 Auschwitz)
(b. 1884 Sutto, Hungary, d. 1930 Oradea)
her brother Victor married her husband’s
sister Ella Rachel Lea STERNBERG.
Izhak (Isaac) STERNBERG remarried (2) Seren.
- Avraham Abrisch STERNBERG (b. 12 Sep. 1886 Budapest, d. 20 Aug. 1935 Budapest)
m. (1920) Elizabeth Bozsi REINER (b. 12 Dec. 1886 Budapest,
d. 19 Nov. 1991 London UK)
Sir Sigmund STERNBERG
(b. 2 June 1921 Budapest) British philanthropist,
interfaith campaigner, businessman and Labour Party donor. He established the
Sternberg Foundation in 1968 and was one of the co-founders of the
Three Faiths Forum.
first married Ruth Beatrice SHIFF (b. 9 Oct. 1925, d. 21 Sep 1994 London).
Sir Sigmund STERNBERG remarried
(Lady STERNBERG) (b. 13 Dec. 1927 London), the widow of his
cousin Victor STERNBERG.
- Michael Vivian STERNBERG (b. 12 Sep. 1951 London)
m. (1975) Janine Lois LEVINSON (b. 5 May 1952 London).
Children: Rachel Serena STERNBERG (b. 2 Feb. 1980),
Daniel Isaiah STERNBERG (b. 27 Sep. 1982),
Sarah Jessica STERNBERG (b. 4 Jan. 1988)
- Frances STERNBERG (b. 14 Sep. 1954 London)
m. (1984) and divorced Neil BLANE (b. London).
- Susan Susi Asenath STERNBERG
(b. 18 Oct. 1923 Budapest,)
m. Heinz Henry Zvi Hirch PERLMAN
(b. 21 Oct. 1911 Holland, d. 24 Sep. 1983 NY).
- Robert A. PERLMAN (b. 29.9.1943 Curacao) m. 1991 Roberta SAADY (b. 11.1.1951).
Children: Elisabeth Hannah PERLMAN (b. 12.7.1992), Matthew Henry PERLMAN (b. 13.8.1994)
- Louis Michael PERLMAN (b. 18.7.1948 Curacao) m. 1986 & div 1992. Rebecca MOSES
- George PERLMAN (b. 18.11.1952 Curacao) m. 1977 Naomi HASS (b. 20.4.1955).
Children: Henrietta Sarah Elisabeth PERLMAN (b. 17.11.1984),
Rebecca Sofia PERLMAN (b. 19.4.1988),
Gabriel Moses PERLMAN (b. 21.5.1990)
- Fedora Frida STERNBERG (b. 1888 Oradea, Transylvania, d. 1957 Bnei Brak, Israel).
m. Efraim Franz Feri FRIEDMANN (b. 1888 Oradea, Transylvania, d. 1959 Bnei Brak, Israel). Following Frieda’s death, Ephraim remarried.
- Martha Osnath FRIEDMANN
(b. 1913 Timisoara, Austro-Hungary Empire)
m. Andre Menahem (Bondi) GELLIS
(b. 1905 Bratislava, Austro-Hungary Empire)
- Nora GELLIS
(b. 1933 Oradea, Romania) m.
Mihai IONESCO (b. 1933 Bucharest, Romania).
- Gabriel IONESCO (b. 1962 Bucharest, Romania)
m. Gianina MONCEA (b. 1962 Bucharest, Romania).
Children: Daniel Paul IONESCU (b. 1994 Bucharest, Romania)
and Sabrina IONESCU (b. 1996 Bucharest, Romania).
- Ocsi FRIEDMANN (b. Oradea Transylvania) died at age 10.
- Moshe Nachman (FRIEDMANN) BEN-SHALOM (b. 1914 Oradea, Transylvania, d. 1968 Haifa, Israel)
m. Irene ROTH (b. 1918 Munkasz)
- Jacob BEN-SHALOM (b. 1941 Haifa)
m. Elana ROSENFELD.
Children: Avital Tali BEN-SHALOM (b. 1970 Princeton);
Yael BEN-SHALOM (1974 Stanford)
- Shoshana Susi BEN-SHALOM (b. 1945 Haifa)
m. Meir YANIV.
Children: Tamar YANIV (b. 1971 Haifa);
Shiri YANIV (b. 1977 Haifa)
- 2 more children
- Ella Rachel Leah STERNBERG
(b. 12 Aug. 1889 Budapest, d. 7 Mar. 1971 London)
Rabbi Dr. Victor SCHONFELD
(b. 13 Oct. 1880 Sutto, Hungary, d. 1 Jan. 1930 London),
the brother of
Rosa who is married to
Itzhak STERNBERG, Ella’s brother
- Shimon Shimmi STERNBERG (1892 Budapest –1961 Haifa)
m. his second cousin Tekla STEMBERG (b. 1894 Budapest, d. 1984 Haifa, Israel)
- Moshe Nahum Miki (STERNBERG) AVI-OFER (b. 1920 Budapest, d. 30 Apr. 1996 Israel)
m. Jaffa MOSHAYOV.
- Offer STERNBERG (d. 1982 Lebanon War)
- Lilly (STERNBERG) AVI-OFER (b. 4 Apr. 1962) m. Avner COHEN.
Children: Maayan COHEN (b. 6.3.1985),
Ofer COHEN (b. 13.10.1986), and Shahar COHEN (b. 26.9.1994)
- Avraham Zvi Laci (STERNBERG) SHIMONI (1923 Budapest-1987 Haifa)
m. Martha GESTETNER (b. 1930 Budapest).
- Yuda SHIMONI m. 1956 Ada.
Children: Tal SHIMONI (b. 1982 Haifa);
Nir SHIMONI (b. 1986 Haifa), and Daniel SHIMONI (b. 1993)
- Oded SHIMONI m. 1981 Michal.
Children: Neta SHIMONI (b.1992); Nadav SHIMONI (b. 1995; Noam SHIMONI (b. 1998)
- Prof. Eliezer David Gavriel Gabi (STERNBERG) BASHAN (b. 24 May 1925 Budapest)
m. (1949) Devorah Erika GUR-ARYE (b. 13 Aug. 1927 Vienna)
- Yair Yisrael BASHAN (b. 24 May 1950 Israel, d. 16 June 1997)
m. Channah GUR-ARYEH.
- Hila BASHAN (b. 21.5.1973) m. 1997 Ilan YIFRACH.
Son: Yishai YIFRACH (b. 27.2.1998)
- Reuth BASHAN (b. 22.7.1975) m. 1997 Amiad SEKER
- Yochai Shimon BASHAN (b. 18.4.1977)
- Ofer Jonathan BASHAN (b. 18.10.1982)
- Nirit BASHAN (b. 26.7.1985)
- Gideon Nahum BASHAN (b. 23 Jan. 1952)
m. (1980) Hadar BEILIS (b. 1952 Netzer Sereni). Children:
Hanan Meir BASHAN (b. 18.8.1978), Shlomo Yedidya BASHAN (b. 22.1.1980), Emuna BASHAN (b.17.2.1982),
Noham Zvi BASHAN (b. 20.7.1983), Renana BASHAN (b. 22.3.1985),
Hodaya BASHAN (b. 26.1.1987) and Moshe Tuvya BASHAN (b. 1990)
- Benjamin BASHAN (b. 8 Dec. 1954)
m. Rachel HALABI.
Children: Efrat BASHAN (b. 2.3.1981); Inbal BASHAN (b. 2.10.1982);
Ahiya BASHAN (b. 23.2.1986); Itay BASHAN (b. 30.1.1988)
- Judith STERNBERG (b. 1927 Budapest)
m. Carl KLEIN (b. 1936 Haifa).
Children: Lea KLEIN (b. 1988); Baruch KLEIN
- Hayim Yehezkiel Bandy STERNBERG (b. 1929 Budapest)
m. Nitza GINZBURG (b. 1936 Petah Tikva).
- Devorah Adina STERNBERG (1968 Haifa) married 1998 Avi STULINSKI.
- Shai Shimon Yomtov STERNBERG (b. 1970 Haifa);
- Rinat Lilly STERNBERG (b. 1975 Haifa)
- Simhah Beno STERNBERG
(b. Aug. 1892 Pressburg, d. 2 Dec. 1953 Haifa)
m. Jacobine Yocheved WEISZ (b. Dec. 1892 Budapest, d. 14 Aug. 1985 Haifa).
- Renee Rivka Rebecca STERNBERG (1896 Budapest-1979 Haifa) m.
Philip Lipman Yom-Tov MAYER
(b. 1891 Mattersdorf, Austria, d. 1970 Switzerland, buried in Haifa).
His nephew Prof. Joseph (GROSS) BEN DAVID
married his wife’s niece Miriam STERNBERG
- Katherine Kato Glickel STERNBERG
(b. 7 Apr. 1897 Budapest, d. 23 Jan. 1987 London)
married (1923) Joir Yair WEISZ
(b. 4 Apr. 1897 Pressburg, d. 28 Dec. 1991 London).
Joir Yair WEISZ was the brother of Jacobine Yocheved WEISZ.
- Dr. Olga WEISZ (b. 23.3.1924 Budapest)
m. (1) 1948 & div 1961 Dr. David KENNARD (b. 5.8.1923 London, d. 2002).
Olga WEISZ remarried (2) 1993 Sir Arnold Vincent BURGEN (b. 20.3.1922)
- Susie Clare KENNARD (b. 11.10.1955 London)
m. Daniel KELPIE (b. 15.8.1953 Plymouth UK).
Children: Alice Deborah KENNARD KELPIE (b. 29.12.1988);
Isabel Sarah Katarina KELPIE (b. 12.7.1992)
- Julia Sarah KENNARD (b. 5.9.1958 Cambridge UK)
m. Richard PYPER (b. 25.2.1953 Malaysia).
Children: Charlotte Helen PYPER (b. 18.2.1994);
Ramsay David Hugh PYPER (b. 10.7.1996);
Otto (Arthur Joseph) PYPER (b. 19.4.1999)
- Judith WEISZ (b. 11.8.1926 Budapest)
- George WEISZ (b. 20.12.1929 Budapest) inventor first married and
divorced Ruth Edith TEICH (b. 12.9.1932 Vienna, Austria) psychotherapist.
George WEISZ remarried (2) Dr. Judith Szekazs SPITZER (b. 30.1.1946
Budapest, Hungary) psychoanalyst.
She has a son from previous marriage.
Rachel Hannah WEISZ (b.
9.3.1970 London) Academy Award and Golden Globe winning and BAFTA-nominated
English actress was engaged to Darren
ARONOFSKY (b. 12 Feb. 1969) American filmmaker, producer of films such as Pi
(1996), Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain.
They had a son together Henry Chance ARONOFSKY (b. 31 May 2006)
and lived together until 2010.
Rachel married English actor
Daniel Wroughton CRAIG
(22 June 2011 New York) best known for playing the role of British secret agent James
Bond since 2006.
Rachel WEISZ played
the role of Izzi in The Fountain (2006), Tessa Quayle in The
Constant Gardener (2005), Angela/Isabel Dodson in Constantine
(2005), Debbie Dingman in Envy (2004), Marlee in Runaway
Jury (2003), Evelyn Ann Thompson in The Shape of Things (2003),
Lily in Confidence (2003), Rachel in About A Boy (2002),
Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell/Princess Nefertiri in The Mummy
Reutrns (2001), Tania Chernova in Enemy at the Gates (2001),
Greta in Sunshine (1999), Amy Foster in Swept from the
Sea (1998) and Dr. Lily Sinclair in Chain Reaction (1996).
- Anna WEISZ (b. 3.12.1972)
- Alice Francesca STERNBERG (b. 1902 Budapest, d. 1980 Budapest)
m. Cornel RAAB (Budapest).
- George Gyuri RAAB (b. Budapest, d. 29.10.1997 Budapest) m.
Marianna KURTHY (b. Budapest).
Marianna has a daughter named Julia.
Information on this page contributed by
Alisa SHARON alisa_Sharon at yahoo.com and
Jeremy SCHONFIELD jjschon at globalnet.co.uk
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: