(1848-1911) married (9 June 1868
[source: - BMD Records Nagymarton 1833-1895 P.1 entry 8])
Albert (Avraham, Abele) DEUTSCH
(b. 1 Feb. 1840 Mattersdorf
[=Nagymarton in Hungarian] Hungary
[source: Jewish Congragation Register of Birth, Marriages, and Deaths (BMD)
Records Nagymarton 1833-1895 P.39 #7 & P.40]
d. 1922 Baden bei Wien, Austria), leather worker.
Albert's parents were Ignaz (Yitzhak) DEUTSCH and Sali (Lea Sara, Sorrel) ZELZER who
was the sister of
Eduard (Ephraim) ZILZER.
Various sources list various first names:
His birth certificate lists him as Abel DEUTSCH, short for Abele.
His marriage certificate lists him as Adolf, which is incorrerct.
Ya'akov Schoen of Sha'ar Hagolan records him as AVRAHAM.
Avraham Shmueli records him as AVRAHAM ABEL.
Pat Powers Schlesinger records him as ALBERT DEUTSCH MD, where "MD" means Albert was born
Niel Phillips records him as ALBERT ABELE.
- Betta (Bela) (Betty) DEUTSCH (b. 1874 Baden)
m. Jacob SCHOEN (b. 1859 or 1870 Ukersky, Uhersky Brod Moravia,
now in the Czech Republic, d. 21 June 1934).
- Elly SCHON (b. UngarischBrod Moravia,
d. in Palestine)
m. David KOGUS. Children: 1. Amos KOGUS,
2. Elan KOGUS
- Emilia SCHON (b. UngarischBrod Moravia)
m. Leopold MAYER. Children: 1. Richard MAYER,
2. Eva MAYER
- Hilda SCHON m. Egon WEISS.
Three children born in Palestine including Gideon WEISS.
- Irene SCHON (d. Holocaust)
- Otto SCHON (b. UngarischBrod Moravia, d. Czechoslovakia)
- Sieda SCHON (b. UngarischBrod Moravia d. 1961 Tel-Aviv)
m. Unknown FRIED
- Valerie SCHON (b. UngarischBrod Moravia d. 1950
- Victor SCHON (d. Executed Spielberg Prison in Holocaust)
- Ignaz (or Moritz) SCHON (b. 6 Dec 1894 UngarischBrod Moravia,
d. Auschwitz Holocaust) m. unknown.
Son: Danny SCHON b ca. 1938 Czechoslovakia, m. unknown
Rose (Rosa) SCHOEN
(b. 1898 UngarischBrod Moravia, d. 1925 Baden bei Wien)
married (21 Jan. 1917 in Schiffschul Wien)
her uncle Dr. Samuel DEUTSCH.
- Erna SHON (b. 10 Feb 1903 UngarischBrod Moravia,
d. 21 Oct 1970 Israel) m. (1) unknown.
Remarried. (2) Sheya SHON
(b. 2 Jul 1901 UngarischBrod Moravia d. 30 Dec 1991 Israel).
- Meir SHON m. Maxina. One son and 4 daughters.
- Yigal SHON m. unknown. Adopted son.
- Jacob SHON m. unknown.
- Jakob (Kive) DEUTSCH (b. 21 Feb. 1871 Baden bei Wien,
d. Bern, Switzerland)
m. Theresa (Resi) KORNFEIN
(b. Baden bei Wien, d. 1943 Holocaust).
Son: Albert (Abraham) Deutsch (b. 7 Oct. 1922, d. 11 Feb. 1923).
Dr. Samuel Deutsch, the brother of Jakob was a mohel, and he performed the bris on Albert. There were no other circumcisions for sons of Jakob recorded in Samuel’s mohel book.
- Isidor DEUTSCH (b. 25 Feb. 1876 Baden bei Wien,
d. Maly Trostinec Labor Camp, Holocaust)
m. (27 Feb. 1900 Mattersdorf) Theresa WEINSTEIN
(b. 1 Oct. 1877, d. 1938 Voslau, Austria).
- Emma DEUTSCH (b. 12 July 1914 Voslau, Austria)
m. Reuven BARAN. Children: Gila BARAN (b. Israel),
Ronit BARAN (b. Israel)
- Moritz (Moriz) DEUTSCH (b. 7 Dec. 1877 Baden bei Wien,
d. 2 Nov. 1942 Theresienstadt Holocaust)
m. (8 Dec. 1903 Mattersdorf) Rosa ABELES
(b. 27 Mar. 1881 Wien, d. Holocaust)
- Elinor DEUTSCH
(b. Baden bei Wien, d. 1948 or later Baden bei Wien)
- Gisella DEUTSCH (d. 31 Dec 1905 Baden bei Wien)
- Erich DEUTSCH
(b. 23 Dec 1910 Baden bei Wien, d. Holocaust)
- Sali (Sara) DEUTSCH (b. 13 Dec. 1882 Baden bei Wien).
- Dr. Samuel DEUTSCH
(b. 5 Jan. 1884 Baden bei Wien, d. 1940 Palestine)
first married (21 Jan. 1917 Shiffshul Wien)
his niece Rosa SCHOEN.
- Walter Akiva DEUTSCH (b. Baden bei Wien, d. 1999 Jerusalem).
pointed out, in the Book of Britot that was kept by
Dr. Samuel DEUTSCH,
it is written that his son, Walter Akiva DEUTSCH,
was named after "Akiva Joseph, the head of our family".
m. Menucha TAGARI.
- Ofra DEUTSCH (b. 1954 Israel) m. 1982 Dr. Jonathan AXELROD (b. 1956 Arizona, U.S.A.)
axelrod at hadassah.org.il.
Sons: Avinoam AXELROD (b. 1986 Jerusalem), and
Roi AXELROD (b. 1991 Jerusalem)
- Avital DEUTSCH (b. 1962 Israel) married (2000)
Daughter: Renana GROSSBERG (b. 2001 Israel)
- Albert DEUTSCH (changed name to Avraham SHMUELI)
(b. Baden bei Wien d. 1987 Jerusalem)
m. Rachel Elza (GOLDBERG) ZAHAVY (b. Haifa).
- Naama SHMUELI (b. Israel)
m. (1) Jacob ZELZER (d. Israel).
They had six children.
Naama remarried (2) Moshe GOLDSTEIN. Two child.
- Shmuel SHMUELI m. Giteet. Seven children.
- Yakir SHMUELI m. Yehudit. Six children.
Dr. Samuel DEUTSCH remarried Valli POSILES
(d. Nov. 1940 Palestine).
- Max (Meir) DEUTSCH (b. 24 Oct. 1885 Baden bei Wien,
d. 30 Dec. 1958 Australia) m. (1912 Sauerbrunn, Austria)
Ilona EISLER. (b. 1893 Papa, Hungary, d. 1966 Australia).
- Edith DEUTSCH (b. 7 Aug 1913 Baden bei Wien,
d. 8 Dec 2000 Melbourne Australia)
m. Albert PHILLIPSLi (b. 1905 Melbourne Australia,
- Jonathan PHILLIPS (b. 1943 Melbourne)
m. Anna TUZA.
- Benjamin PHILLIPS (b. 1975 Sydney)
married Jodi KAPLAN (b. 1975 New York).
Son: David PHILLIPS (b. 4 Jan. 2003 Boston).
- Kate PHILLIPS (b. 1978 Sydney d. 1978 Sydney)
- Niccola PHILLIPS (b. 1982 Sydney)
- Neil PHILLIPS (b. 1944 Melbourne)
married and divorced Robyn CHALMERS.
Their sons: Max PHILLIPS (b. 1976 Sydney), and
Dougal PHILLIPS (b. 1978 Sydney).
Neil PHILLIPS remarried Mai-Maree HANSFORD.
- Fred DEUTSCH (changed name to DODGE)
(b. 1916 Baden bei Wien, d. 1987 Melbourne)
m. Gerti REISS (b. 1924 Baden bei Wien)
- Ron DODGE (b. 1947 Melbourne) m. Judy LENK
(b. Melbourne). Children:
Michelle DODGE (b. 1973 Melbourne),
Joel DODGE (b. 1974 Melbourne), and
Martin DODGE (b. 1979 Melbourne)
- Sandra DODGE (b. 1949 Melbourne)
m. Philip BENJAMIN (b. 1934 Melbourne)
- Paul DEUTSCH (changed name to Pinhas AVRAHAMI)
(b. Baden bei Wien) m. (1) Sara LOWINGER.
Paul remarried (2)
Miriam SCHREIBER who
is a direct descendent of the Hatam SOFER.
- Ruth AVRAHAMI (b. Jerusalem) m.
Menachem WEISS (b. Jerusalem).
Daughters: Sara WEISS, Ilanit WEISS, Irit WEISS
- Yacov AVRAHAMI (b. Jerusalem) m. Fany GOTTLIEB.
Daughter: Ronit AVRAHAMI (b. 1974 Melbourne)
- Sara AVRAHAMI (b. Jerusalem)
m. Dr. Michael NEWMAN (b. Sheffield, England).
Sons: Zvi NEWMAN (b. London),
Gideon NEWMAN (b. Jerusalem),
Etan NEWMAN (b. Jerusalem)
- Anna (Nina) DEUTSCH (b. 30 Nov. 1886 Baden bei Wien,
d. 1960 Melbourne) m. (18 Feb. 1909) Isidor PROSSNITZ
(b. 14 Jan 1878, d. 1938 Wien)
- Grete PROSSNITZ (b. 1909) m. (1) Walter KISCH (b. Baden bei Wien)
Grete remarried (2) Arnold GABLER
- Emma PROSSNITZ (b. 1912 Wien d. 5 Jan 1995 New York)
- Ernst PROSSNITZ (changed name to PEER) (b. 1914 Wien) m. (1) Edith BLUMENFELD
(b. 1921 Wien).
Ernst PROSSNITZ remarried (2) Barbara (b. 1922 Hungary)
- Judy PEER (b. Melbourne)
m. Russell GOLDMAN (b. 1954 Melbourne).
Children: Jeremy GOLDMAN (b. 1985 Melbourne) and
Ricki GOLDMAN b. 1987 Melbourne
- Danny PEER (b. 1950 Melbourne d. 1958 Australia)
- Gary PEER (b. 1963 Melbourne)
- Pinchas PROSSNITZ (changed name to PEER) (b. 1919 Wien d. 1986 Jerusalem)
m. Erzsi STEIN (b. 1924 Hungary).
Daughters: Miriam PEER (b. 1951 Melbourne) and Alice PEER b. 1954 Melbourne
- Rosa (Reisl) DEUTSCH (b. 10 Feb. 1888)
- Helene (Hindl) DEUTSCH (b. 20 Jun. 1889 Baden bei Wien).
- Dr. Ignatz (Ignaz) DEUTSCH (b. 20 Oct. 1890 Baden bei Wien,
d. after 5 April 1945 Flossenburg death march, Holocaust) married
Elizabeth (Boszi) FISCHMAN (b. Tranava (Trnava) Slovakia,
Ignatz was referred to by his nieces and nephews as Uncle Naz.
- Albert DEUTSCH (changed name to DUTCH. Also known as Burschi)
(b. Wien) m. Jossie WEISS.
- Judy DUTCH m. Alan SITTON.
Sons: Daniel Sitton (b. 1977 London),
David Sitton (b. 1981 London), and
Jonathan Sitton (b. 1987 London)
- Yvonne DUTCH (b. England)
- Paul DUTCH (b. England)
- Renee DUTCH (b. 1932 Wien,
d. 11 Sep 1942 Auschwitz Holocaust)
- Josef DEUTSCH (b. 23 Dec. 1892 Baden bei Wien,
d. 15 Aug. 1944 Auschwitz, Holocaust) m.
Margit (Manci) EISLER (b. 26 Feb. 1894 Papa, Hungary,
d. 1944 Ravensbruck, Holocaust).
- Albert DEUTSCH (b. 1920 Papa, d. 1920 Papa)
- Erika DEUTSCH (b. 29 Jun 1924,
d. 1944 Holocaust) m. Josef BOROS (d. Bergen Belsen Holocaust)
- Emmy DEUTSCH
m. Imre GYORKI (b. 2 May 1909 Papa, d. 8 Sep. 1977 Budapest)
- Dr. J. GYORKI
m. S. SZENTISTVANYI.
- Dr. D. GYORKI
married J. MANDELBAUM
- L. GYORKI
m. T. CONBOY.
- E. GYORKI
engaged to S. WOOD.
- Marta DEUTSCH (b. 22 Nov. 1929 Papa) married
(19 Aug. 1948 Melbourne, Australia) Manfred MOTE
formerly Manfred MOTULSKI (b. 2 Jan. 1923, d. 15 July 2003)
- Michael Josef MOTE (b. 25 June 1952 Melbourne)
m. (and divorced) Asya AVERBACH.
Michael remarried (23 Feb. 1999)
Tamara SEGAL (b. 22 Sep. 1958)
Thanks to Michael for information on this branch of the family tree.
- Benjamin Simon MOTE (b. 14 Dec. 1983)
- Margaret Erica MOTE (b. 16 Aug. 1954)
m. Robin McKENZIE (b. 26 Aug 1952).
- Adam Jared McKENZIE (b. 9 Sep 1989)
- Rik McKENZIE (b. 18 Jan. 1991)
Information on this page contributed by
Carole Garbuny VOGEL
Gary PALGON GMPalgon at Yahoo.com, and
deutsch1 at bezeqint.net.
Carole Garbuny VOGEL's great-great-great-grandfather and
Meir DEUTSCH's great-great-grandfather
Ignaz (Yitzhak) DEUTSCH is the father of
Albert Abel DEUTSCH.
Daniel E. LOEB,