Rabbi Abraham Isaak DEHN (new last name) (b. 1764,
d. 1821 Groningen) m. Goldschen DAVID (d. 1791 Copenhagen) daughter of
Salomon Michael DAVID.
Rabbi Abraham Isaak DEHN remarried Charlotte DEHN
(1768-1821) (Goldschen's half-sister). They had six
- Meyer Abramson DEEN (1768-1833); (in Dutch pronounced as DEHN)
(born 4.7.1798 in
Burgsteinfurt Germany died 24.3.1833) married Sophie MELCHIOR
(8.7.1809-11.3.1830), sister of
Augusta MELCHIOR and
Hanne MELCHIOR, daughters of Gerson MELCHIOR son of Moses MELCHIOR.
- Esperance Abraham DEEN; (born Jan. 1803 Burgsteinfurt Germany) married
Joseph Izak KISCH
- Dr. Isaac VAN DEEN, M.D. (b. 24 Apr.1805 Burgsteinfurt, Germany, d. 1 Nov.1869
Groningen, Holland) m.
(sister of Sophie MELCHIOR and
- Galathea Henrietta VAN DEEN (b. 28.6.1836)
- Charlotte Johanna Caecilia VAN DEEN
(28.11.1837-1878) married her uncle Israel Berebndt MELCHIOR (youngest
brother of her mother Augusta MELCHIOR van Deen)
- Johanna Pauline Dortothea VAN DEEN (b. 20.3.1843).
- Henriette Abraham DEEN (born 7 May1806 Burgsteinfurt)
m. Joseph Jacob COHEN; 12 Children:
Elimelech COHEN 1824-9.3.1826,
Abraham Joseph COHEN 18.2.1824,
Jacob Joseph COHEN 8.2.1826,
Meijer Joseph COHEN 1.2.1828-4.6.1828,
Esperance COHEN 1.3.1829,
Jacob Joseph COHEN 5.1.1831,
Charlotte COHEN 1838,
Jeanette COHEN 1842,
Izaak COHEN 1844,
Hanna COHEN 6.3.1846,
Margien COHEN 22.7.1849, and
Bernhard Joseph COHEN 15.11.1851
- Ferina DEHN married Lazar WEINBERG.
- Abraham WEINBERG
- Salomon WEINBERG
- Meyer WEINBERG
- Sartje WEINBERG
- Bernhard Abraham DEHN (b. 1808 Burgsteinfurt, Germany,
first married Hanna MELCHIOR
(b. 1821 Copenhagen, d. 1843 Hamburg) sister of
Augusta MELCHIOR and
Sophie MELCHIOR daughters of Gerson MELCHIOR son of
Bernard DEHN remarried Marianne GOLDSCHMIDT.
- Arnold DEHN married Sophie Pauline LEVY.
Hannah Bertha DEHN (b. 1866)
Otto Gabriel WOLFF. Portrait to the right
was done by Anders ZORN the famous Swedish artist in Berlin.
Jim KRAMER bought the portrait
in an auction in Chicago in 1981.
- Herbert Arnold Jacob WOLFF (b. 1887 Prestwich, Lancashire, d.
- Otto Herbert WOLFF (b. 1920 Hamburg)
- Anthony (Tony) Herbert WOLFF (b. 1955)
email@example.com married Bernadette
Ann CLARK. Children: Christopher Herbert WOLFF (b.
1990) and Nicola Jane WOLFF (b. 1994).
- Elizabeth Mary WOLFF (b. 1963).
- Bernard DEHN,
- Willy Henry DEHN married Helen Anny ROSE
- Charlotte Elisabeth DEHN married Max COHN.
- Herbert DEHN
- Paul Oscar DEHN
- Dr. Max (Maximillian) DEHN, M.D.. (1841-1897)
m. Berta RAF.
- Rudolf Bernhard DEHN married Alice SUSSMAN
- Elisabeth Hanne DEHN married
Eduard Martin GOLDSCHMIDT.
- Hertha GOLDSCHMIDT married SOLMITZ
- Martin GOLDSCHMIDT
- Carl GOLDSCHMIDT. Son: David GOLDSCHMIDT
- Hedwig Henriette Marianne DEHN married
Dr. Heinrich WOHLWILL
Max Wilhelm DEHN
(b. 13 Nov. 1878 Hamburg, Germany, d. 27 June 1952 Black Mountain,
North Carolina), mathematician, married Antonie (Toni) LANDAU.
DEHN wrote one of the first systematic expositions of topology
(1907) and later formulated important problems on
group presentations, namely the word problem and the isomorphism problem.
DEHN studied at Göttingen under
obtaining his doctorate in 1900 for a thesis entitled
Die Legendreschen Sätze
über die Winkelsumme im Dreieck.
From 1921 until 1935 he held the chair of
Pure and Applied Mathematics at the University of Frankfurt but he was forced to
leave his post by the Nazi regime in 1938.
include Joseph ENGEL, Herbert FUSS, Ott-Heinrich KELLER,
Wilhelm MAGNUS and Ruth MOUFANG.
See article on
Contact: Max DEHN's great-niece
- Maria DEHN (b. 1916) m. PETERS.
Lives in Southampton. Active member of the
Society of Friends. Contact: Niece Mary DEHN firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Auguste DEHN married Heinrich MAYER
- Berta Meta DEHN,
- Karl Arnold DEHN married Ruth OMEGA
- Georg Ernst DEHN first married
Margarete Marie SCHENKEL.
Remarried Wiltrud WEIZEL.
Contact: Georg and Wiltrud's granddaughter Natasha DEHN.
- Hannah DEHN married
Gustav Gabriel COHEN.
(merchant in Hamburg, Cape Town South Africa and
Manchester England). Gustav was a Zionist before Herzl and published a booklet Die Judenfrage
und die Zukunft on this subject in 1881, ten years before
Herzl's famous work.
A very unpopular thing to do in Hamburg in those days.
He also wrote Drei Stadien meaning three
states in assimilation: observant Jew, assimilating and converting.
These works are being reprinted in Germany.
Contact: Michael WARBURG.
Bertha Anna COHEN (b. Cape Town, d. Berlin)
m. Otto WARBURG.
- Ella Esther COHEN (b. Port Elizabeth,
d. Palestine), not married.
- Marie Edith COHEN (b. Didsburg,
Chorlton, Manchester, Lancaster, d. Munich)
m. Kurt TRAUTWEIN (Professor of Microbiology, Technical University)
- Hanne TRAUTWEIN (b. Muninch),
Ph.D. in Arts and History. Hanne
Hermann LENZ, German Author,
His main opus are 9 volumes
describing his family ('Vergangene Gegenwart')
and their life during the 20th century and all
its events which brought him several literature prizes.
- Edgar Leopold COHEN (b. High Beach, Didsburg, Chorlton, Manchester,
d. as a child 1882 of Meningitis ).
- Ada Marianne COHEN (b. Didsburg, Chorlton,
Manchester, d. Holocaust, concentration camp near Riga)
m. Ernst REE (d. before WW2)
- Olga REE (d. Holocaust, concentration camp near Riga)
- Ernst REE (d. before WW2)
- Martin DEHN ???
- Gustave DEHN m. Olga COHEN.
- Fred DEHN married Helen SUSSMAN
- Curt DEHN married Cynthia FULLER
- Frank DEHN married Irma BECKER
- Harold DEHN married Phyllis ARNING.
Contact granddaughter Hilary HOLT
- Rudolf DEHN m. Meta COHEN.
- Eddy DEHN married Margaret SCHUSTER
- Tom DEHN
- Dickie DEHN
- Elisabeth DEHN m. George EMBDEN.
Gustav Georg EMBDEN (b. 10 Nov. 1874 Hamburg, d. 25 July 1933 Nassau, Germany).
Biochemist famous for co-discovery of the Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas pathway, the set of biochemical reactions underlying glycolysis, one of the
central processes in intermediary metabolism.
- Otto DEHN m. Johanna ZACHARIAS.
Abraham Isaak DEHN remarried Charlotte DAVID
the half-sister of Goldschen DAVID.
Contact: Allan MELCHIOR email@example.com descendant
of Gerson MELCHIOR.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: