Rabbi Joseph BERDUGO (Brother of Rabbi Yekutiel Haim BERDUGO) (b & d in Morocco; married to ?)
had six children:
- Esther BERDUGO (born about 1880 in Rabat, d. 1961 Jerusalem)
Isaac BENSIMON (b. Rabat 1874, d. 1918 Jerusalem).
Isaac left Rabat with his brother Jacob BENSIMON in the end of the 19th century
(prob. about 1890)
leaving his wife in Rabat, to Brazil, around Manaus,
to make fortune with rubber, he did very well and came
to see his wife in Morocco from time to time. Around 1907,
Esther told Isaac that she will wait for
him in Jerusalem and with few Moroccan families she took
a boat from Casablanca and after six months they arrived
to Jerusalem, (1908). On this boat were also her niece Simha AMIEL and Simha's husband Abraham AMIEL.
Isaac BENSIMON came to Jerusalem on 1914 but soon after he had to hide from the Turkish
authorities when Brazil
joined the allied powers that fought the Turks and the Germans. He lost his fortune and he died in 1918 from pneumonia.
His brother Jacob stayed in Brazil. Contact Jacob's grandson David BENSIMON email@example.com
- Salomon BENSIMON (b. Rabat 1905, d. 1969 Jerusalem).
Though he was born in Rabat. His father was in Brazil at the
time. Since women at this time did not usually register births,
Esther had Isaac register Salomon's birth in Brazil
although he lived most of his life in Jerusalem.
Salomon married Lea YECHAIA
(b. Jerusalem 1904, d. 1971 Tel Aviv) whose family
came from Bulgaria.
- Isaac BENSIMON (1931-1985) married
- Salomon Clifford BENSIMON (b. 1964)
- Sharon BENSIMON (b. 1969)
married Sylvian IMBERG.
Children: Marielle IMBERG (b. 1996)
and Mylene IMBERG (b. 2000)
- Rina BENSIMON (1934-1961) married
Betzalel WEINSHAL. Son: Eliezer (1959-1961).
Rina and Elie were killed,
run over by a bus in New-York
on 1961, the family was send there by the Jewish Agency
for a two year mission.
- Esther BENSIMON (b. 1939, d. 2007)
Jacob GAL. They live near Tel Aviv.
- Rina GAL (b. 1963) married to
Snir HATOUKA(4 children).
Children: Lior HATOUKA (b. 1990),
Guy HATOUKA (b. 1993),
and twin girls Eden HATOUKA
and Noam HATOUKA (b. 2000).
- Liat GAL (b. 1967) married to
Safi HEFETZ. Daughters:
Hagar HEFETZ (b. 1996)
and Noa HEFETZ (b. 1999)
- Michal GAL (b. 1971) married to
Children: Bar ALMOG (b. 2002)
and Gal ALMOG (b. 2004)
- Varda BENSIMON
married Dr. Marcel HAMOU son of
sister of Haim ELBAZ.
Marcel and Varda have three children:
- Nathalie HAMOU (b. 1967)
married Paul AOUIZERATE.
Sons: Ariel AOUIZERATE (b. 1996),
Simon Lazar AOUIZERATE (b. 1998),
Ethan AOUIZERATE (b. 2003)
- Carene HAMOU married Laurent ESTEVE.
Children: Maira ESTEVE (b. 1995) and
Tom ESTEVE (b. 1999).
- Stephane HAMOU (b. 1972)
married Joanna GUEDJ.
Children: Tali Yvanna Rose HAMOU
(b. 10 Oct. 2008 France) and
Solal Gabriel HAMOU (b. 20 Aug. 2010)
- Sion BERDUGO married Esther
- Jacob BERDUGO married Clara BENSHAYA
- Hannah BERDUGO (b in Rabat & d in Morocco; married ????.
- Rabbi Abraham BERDUGO (b in Rabat & d in Morocco; married to
- Joseph BERDUGO
- Marcelle BERDUGO
- Freha BERDUGO (b. 1880 in Rabat; d. in Morocco;
married to Abraham SABBAH) had 9 children:
- Judah SABBAH (b. 1900 Rabat, d. 1924; never married)
- Joseph SABBAH (b. 1902 Rabat; d. 1967; married to
had 5 children:
- Odette SABBAH (b. 1930 Casablanca; d. 1994 Montreal;
1st marriage to Jerry Page;
2nd to Ken GOODWIN).
2 daughters (details omitted)
- Raymonde SABBAH (b. 1936 Casablanca; now in Montreal;
1st marriage to James DAHAN;
2nd to Rene DUROCHER)
- Martine DAHAN
martineccj at hotmail.com
(b. 1958 Casablanca; now Montreal;
married to Simon LEVY;
2 sons. Details omitted.
- Philippe DAHAN (b. 1964 Casablanca; now gym teacher in Montreal;
married to Edith GROSZ).
2 sons and 1 daughter (details omitted).
- Albert SABBAH (b. 1938 Casablanca; now in Montreal;
married to Madeleine AMAR).
1 son and 1 daughter (details omitted).
- Georges SABBAH (b. 1942 Casablanca; now in Montreal;
divorced from Verna ?).
2 sons (details omitted).
rSABBAH at jalbert-auto.qc.ca
- Simy SABBAH (b & d in Morocco; married at age 12 to
Meyer SABBAH (third cousin)
- Maurice SABBAH (b in Morocco; d. 1989 in Madrid; married to Denise BENSIMON). 1 son, 1 daughter, 3 grandchildren.
- Henri SABBAH (b. 1920 in Morocco; married to Alice COHEN) (lives in Nice)
- Georges SABBAH (b. Casablanca)
married to Danielle ASSOUS
They live in Nice, France.
- Alain SABBAH (b. in Casablanca; lives in Nice with wife and son)
Son: Jeremy SABBAH.
- Gerard SABBAH (b. in Casablanca; married to Josianne ATLAN)
(lives in Nice with wife/kids). Children:
Rudy SABBAH (b. 15 July 1988), Julie SABBAH
(b. 12 June 1986)
- Prosper SABBAH (b. Rabat; d.; never married)
- Annette SABBAH (b. 1916 Rabat; lives in Montreal)
married ??? FYMA. )
Annette SABBAH remarried Josue OHAYON
- 3 sons (details omitted)
- Sonia FYMA (b. 1941 in Casablanca; professional hairstylist; now in Miami; married to
- Ariane ZOHAR (b. 1973 in Montreal;
grew up in Miami; studied psychology in New York City)
firstname.lastname@example.org married (July 2005) Patrice GRUNBAUM.
They live in South Florida. Thanks to Ariane for information about this branch of the family.
- Stephane ZOHAR (b. 1975 in Montreal;
now in Miami; restaurant manager)
- Daniel OHAYON (b. 1950 in Casablanca)
married to Evelyne MOYAL now in Montreal,
Jeremy OHAYON ( b. 1989 Montreal)
- Lyson OHAYON (b. 1952 in Casablanca; now in Montreal; teacher;
married to Simon ASSOULINE).
2 sons (details omitted).
- Laurent OHAYON (b. 1956 in Casablanca; now in New York City; graphic designer)
- Armand SABBAH (b. in Rabat; d. ;never married)
- Perla SABBAH (never married; b. 1924 Rabat; now in Montreal)
- Haim SABBAH (b.1925 Rabat; now in Montreal; married to
- Robert SABBAH (b. 1958 in Casablanca; now in Montreal; gynecologist;
married to Eva BITTON).
2 daughters (details omitted).
- Fortune SABBAH (b. 1926 Rabat; married to Jacques OUAKNINE)
- Danielle OUAKNINE (married to Francis CARBONNE)
- Stephanie CARBONNE (b. 1981)
- Michelle OUAKNINE
(married to Maurice HADIDA).
1 son, 2 daughters. (Details omitted)
- Alain OUAKNINE (married to Myriam KADOCH)
2 daughters, 1 son (details omitted).
Information available from Ariane ZOHAR.
Daniel Loeb, eMail: email@example.com