[5.5] Meyer Max ESKELES (b. 3 Oct. 1861 Kelsterbach, d. 1923 of appendicitis)
came to the US in the 1880s where he joined the Joel MANNHEIMER family. (Joel was the brother
of his mother Hannah.)
Max married (12 Jan. 1890) [5.29] Dorothea Dora MANNHEIMER (b. 13 Mar. 1867 St. Louis, MO,
d. 21 May 1921 St. Louis, MO), the
daughter of [5.38] Rosalie MASS (b. 3 June 1833 Primasens, d. 16 June 1910 St. Louis, MO)
and [5.27] Joel MANNHEIMER (b. 30 Mar. 1830 Graefenhausen, d. 21 Apr. 1902 St. Louis, MO)
Max was a manufacturer's representative for factories that made decorations and findings for hat
and shoe manufacturers.
Dorothea came to the US at a young age.
She took sick with "creeping paralysis" (probably Parkinson's Disease).
Max saw that she was well taken care of and had nurses in the house at all times.
- [4.35] Adrian Joel ESKELES (b. 30 Jan. 1891 St. Louis, MO, d. 13 Apr. 1968 Coral Gables, FL)
worked for his uncle Abe MANHEIMER in a manufacturing business.
Adrian married (30 June 1914 St. Louis, MO) [4.36] Birdie WERNER (b. 20 Jan. 1895 St. Louis, MO, d. 18 Nov. 1985 Coral Gables).
About that time, he opened a small retail store sellling hosiery and gloves known as "The Glove Shop".
After his father Max's death, he took over Max's lines and was quite successful.
During World War 2, he took a second job in a war plant, McQuay Norris, inspecting the making of bullet casings.
After "retiring" to Florida continued to work for his son-in-law Edward in the mattress business, taking charge
- [3.51] Adrienne Joan ESKELES (b. 27 Sep. 1920 St. Louis, MO) m. (17 June 1940 St. Louis, MO)
[3.52] Edward M. SALOMON, Jr. (b. 9 Apr. 1914 Chicago, IL).
- [2.76] Edward M. SALOMON, III (b. 18 July 1947 Memphis, TN)
m. (23 May 1969 Miami, FL) [2.88] Nancy McKITTERICK (b. 11 Mar. 1948 Miami, FL).
Daughter: [1.30] Michelle Ann SALOMON (b. 13 Apr. 1967 Miami, FL)
- [2.77] John Adrian SALOMON (b. 21 Sep. 1951 St. Louis, MO) m. (24 June 1972 Miami, FL)
[2.89] Nancy KRISTY (b. 10 Oct. 1952 New London, OH).
Sons: [1.31] John A. SALOMON, Jr. (b. 23 Feb. 1981 Miami, FL), and
[1.32] Nicholas SALOMON (b. 20 July 1984 Miami, FL)
- [4.34] Dr. Irwin Hermann ESKELES (b. 10 Nov. 1897 St. Louis, MO, d. 12 July 1967 St. Louis, MO), Medical Doctor.
Irwin married (1924 St. Louis) [4.37] Maria Caroline SCHULTE (b. 20 Aug. 1899 St. Louis, d. 25 June 1976 St. Louis).
He converted to catholicism around 1934. He later specialized in dermatology.
- [3.40] John (Jack) Schulte ESKELES (b. 19 July 1925 St. Louis, d. 10 May 1957 St. Louis) lawyer
dealing most with criminal litigation.
Jack had a bad fall on a staircase as a young child which left him crippled and sick for the rest
of his short life.
Jack married (17 Feb. 1956)
[3.53] Corelia Dorothy Corey Brockschmitt KRECH who was the first woman to be employed by the St. Louis
police. Corelia was divorced with two children from her first marriage: Robert Jan ESKELES and Sally Ann ESKELES.
Both children were adopted by Jack. Jack and Corey had one more child together Maria Cynthia ESKELES.
- [2.55] Maria Cynthia ESKELES (b. 30 Oct. 1956 St. Louis)
- [2.93] Robert Jan ESKELES (b. 2 May 1941 St. Louis, MO) married (10 Nov. 1963) and divorced
[2.102] Jean PARKER. Daughter: [1.48] Tamra Renee ESKELES BERTRAND (b. 4 June 1963 Cape Giraldean, MO).
Maria remarried (27 Aug. 1976) [2.103] Sandra Lee McCLAIN (b. 20 Mar. 1945 Indianapolis, IN).
Son: [1.49] Brian Jason ESKELES (b. 18 Nov. 1965 Indianapolis, IN).
(Contact: Jean PARKER's niece Sarah PARKER (married
- [2.94] Sally Ann ESKELES (b. 3 Feb. 1943 St. Louis) m. (20 Dec. 1961) and divorced
[2.104] Robert Wallace RICHARDS (b. 13 Sep. 1937 St. Louis, MO).
Sons: [1.50] David Bradley RICHARDS (b. 14 June 1964) and
[1.51] Matthew Allen RICHARDS (b. 24 Aug. 1967).
- [3.54] Joan ESKELES (b. 1 July 1929 St. Louis, MO) m.
[3.55] Jerome Francis DOYLE (b. 17 Nov. 1926).
- [2.81] Christopher Edward DOYLE (b. 28 Feb. 1964 Kansas City, MO)
- [2.78] Jerome Francis DOYLE, Jr. (b. 24 Dec. 1957 Kansas City, MO) m. (14 Feb. 1987 St. Louis)
[2.108] Mary Cecile (Sally) DOERR (b. 16 Apr. 1960 St. Louis, MO)
- [2.79] Sean DOYLE (b. 6 May 1959 Kansas City, MO) m. (19 Sep. 1986 St. Louis)
[2.109] Lisa Grills (b. 20 Oct. 1959 St. Louis, MO).
Daughter: [1.110] Bridget Elizabeth DOYLE (b. 13 Apr. 1991 St. Louis).
- [2.80] Deidre Genevieve DOYLE (b. 25 Aug. 1961 Kansas City, MO) m. (27 Sep. 1985 St. Louis)
[2.82] John Jeffrey PITTS (b. 3 Jan. 1958 St. Louis, MO).
Numbers in brackets are references to
The ESKELES Genealogy
by Zeev ESHKOLOT.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: