[5.2] Henriette Jettchen ESKELES (b. 1 July 1853 Kelsterbach,
d. 9 Feb. 1928 Nashville, TN) m.
[5.27] Lee Simon GOLDNER
(b. 8 Sep. 1852 Frankfurt/M., d. 29 Jan. 1932 Nashville, TN), butcher.
Lee came to the US before Henrietta and settled in New York.
When his two brothers moved to the South. Lee followed settling in
Machester, Tennessee and traded cattle.
He later sent for Henriette and their two children.
Soon after the move, the family relocated to Nashville, TN where Lee continued to trade cattle.
Lee was naturalized Monday, November 1896.
- Line 5A. [4.18] Paula GOLDNER
(b. 6 Nov. 1883 Frankfurt/M., d. 24 Nov. 1961 Nashville, TN)
m. (21 Feb. 1908) [4.19] Sol Max LEVINSON
(b. 21 Sep. 1884 Kreitzburg, Latvia, d. 6 July 1946 Nashville, TN).
They owned and operated a dry goods store in Florence, Alabama.
They adopted the niece and nephew Maria LEVINSON and Irwin LEVINSON
when Sol's brother died. They moved in 1944 to Nashville.
- [3.14] Irvin LEVINSON (b. 14 May 1929 Ope/Latvia)
first married (23 Jan. 1955 Nashville)
[3.16] Helena BERGIDA
(b. 9 Mar. 1924 Czechoslovakia, d. 11 Apr. 1976 Nashville)
Irvin remarried and divorced (19 Feb. 1976 Nashville)
[3.13] Florence WITTENSTEIN (b. 16 Mar. 1931 Brooklyn, NY)
- [2.14] Sharon LEVINSON (b. 25 Dec. 1955)
m. (12 Oct. 1980 Nashville) [2.70] David STECKLER
(b. 23 Jan. 1956 Cambridge, England)
- [2.15] Debra LEVINSON (b. 29 July 1957 Nashville)
m. (10 Sep. 1980 Miami, FL)
[2.71] David WINBIGLER (b. 13 Aug. 1950 Kansas City, MO).
Children: [1.33] Jessie Heather WINBIGLER
(b. 10 Aug. 1983 Fort Worth, TX),
[1.34] Amy Leigh WINBIGLER (b. 5 Mar. 1986 Fort Worth, TX), and
[1.106] Michael David WINBIGLER (b. 3 July 1992)
- [2.16] Lee LEVINSON (b. 14 Aug. 1958 Nashville, TN)
m. (14 Feb. 1984 Nashville)
[2.84] Maria PERIUT
(b. 12 Jan. 1962 Miami, FL).
Daughter: [1.107] Ginger Elaine LEVINSON (b. 9 July 1991)
- [3.15] Marcia LEVINSON (b. 19 Mar. 1928 Ope/Latvia)
m. (31 Oct. 1948 Nashville)
[3.27] Charles Sanford PEAR
(b. 6 Nov. 1926 Atlanta, GA, d. 21 July Palm Beach, FL)
- [2.85] Steven Jay PEAR (b. 31 Oct. 1954 Panama City)
- [2.86] David Mark PEAR (b. 21 June 1957 Nashville)
married (Memphis) and divorced [2.87] Arlene ALABASTER
(b. 4 June 1957)
- Line 5B. [4.23] Fred GOLDNER (b. 25 May 1886, d. heart attack 1951) m. (27 Jan. 1918)
Ida WEINBERG (b. 20 June 1894 Harrisburg, PA,
d. 22 Oct. 1969 Nashville, TN).
Fred met Ida during a visit with her sister Lilian to Nashville.
After two years and much correspondence, they were married at the Gayosa Hotel by
Rabbi FEINSHREIBER of Memphis.
Fred opened his a jewelry store (MARCUS and GOLDNER) in Nashville.
When his partner (Sam MARCUS) moved, the name was changed to GOLDNER's Jewelers.
Fred opened 2 more stores.
- [3.19] Norma Louise GOLDNER (b. 27 Oct. 1920 Nashville)
m. (9 June 1941 Nashville)
[3.34] Michael William NEADERTHAL
(b. 26 Jan. 1915 New York City, d. 19 Oct. 1989 Nashville).
Bill entered jewelry business with his father-in-law Fred GOLDNER, but
shortly thereafter volunteered for the US Navy and became a photographer
stationed at Pearl Harbor. Rejoined business in Nashville after World War 2.
In September 1951, formed a second business GOLDNER Associates to make
and sell medals for Masonic Lodges, and later after Fred's death, for
- [2.21] Elise NEADERTHAL (b. 26 Oct. 1944 Nashville) high school teacher
m. (26 Dec. 1966 Nashville) [2.23] James Mayer STRAUS
(b. 17 May 1939 Cincinnati, OH). Jim began working for GOLDNER Associates, opening an
office in Cincinatti. In 1978 they moved to Nashville and Jim helped Bill enlarge the
- [1.11] Laurie Rae STRAUS (b. 29 Sep. 1969 Cincinatti, OH). BA Pyschology
1991 Wash. University.
- [1.12] Andrew Ira STRAUS (b. 14 June 1972 Cincinatti OH). Worked with construction
company building offices of GOLDNER Associates in Metro Center.
- [2.22] R. NEADERTHAL,
Dr. of Internal Medicine.
Robert married (30 July 1977 Nashville)
[2.24] J. GREENFELD physiotherapist.
Children: [1.15] L. T. NEADERTHAL
and [1.16] A. G. NEADERTHAL
- [3.17] Dr. Fred GOLDNER Jr. (b. 21 May 1925 Nashville) nephrologist/cardiologist.
Frid did early pioneering research in kidney transplantation, and set up the first
dialysis unit for the army in San Antonio. Fred GOLDNER married (6 Feb. 1955 Calais ME)
[3.23] Martha Helen UNOBSKEY (b. 21 June 1933 St. Stephens,
New Brunswick, Canada).
Fred is Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Vanderbilt University, and
has a private pracice in Nashville. Martha returned to school in 1990 and
now has a masters in education.
- [2.17] Dr. Arthur Lee GOLDNER (b. 2 Jan. 1956 Nashville, d. 8 Aug. 1988
Nashville), Medical Doctor specializing in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
Arthur married (20 Apr. 1986 Syracuse NY)
[2.72] Dr. Deborah Nan WALLACE (b. 14 June 1954 Syracuse, NY). No children.
- [2.18] Cynthia GOLDNER (b. 30 May 1958 Nashville), health director at Rockville
Jewish Community Center. Also worked many years in Computer Sales.
- [2.19] Francie GOLDNER (b. 25 May 1963 Nashville),
research coordinator at Vanderbilt Medical Center directing projects related to Parkinson's disease.
Moved in 1992 to Chicago to work at Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center.
Also a long distance runner (Grandma's marathon, Huntsvill marathon).
Francie married (4 Feb. 1995) Michael NIEDERMAN.
- [2.20] Fred Joseph GOLDNER (b. 20 May 1965 Nashville)
m. (1994) [2.90] Karmela PORASS. Fred worked in Puerto Rico, Costa Rica and Spain
for the 1992 olympics.
- [3.18] Henrietta Rebecca GOLDNER (b. 2 Nov. 1929)
married (9 Jan. 1949 Nashville) while still attending Vanderbilt University
[3.24] Jerome Benjamin GUTTMAN
(b. 4 Apr. 1926 Ithaca, NY, d. 5 May 1989 Nashville). They owned and operated
a furniture store until 1971. At that time, Jack started working for GOLDNER Associates in
advertising specialties. Reta began a bookkeeping business for small businesses
and physicians in Nashville. Henrietta and Jack were divorced in 1981.
- [2.25] Fred GUTTMAN (b. 16 Jan. 1952 Nashville, TN)
m. (15 June 1976 Malden, MA)
[2.28] Nancy BOUGESS (b. 1 Dec. 1952 Boston, MA).
They lived in Hod Hasharon, Israel for 12 years where Red was first teacher, and
later principal and director of Alexander MUSS High School in Israel.
In December 1990, they moved to Jacksonville, Florida where he became
Associate Rabbi of the Reform Congregation.
Children: [1.13] Ilan Bougess GUTTMAN (b. 22 July 1980 Jerusalem),
[1.14] Maital Bougess GUTTMAN (b. 16 Mar. 1983 Kfar Saba)
and [1.46] Yoav Bougess GUTTMAN (b. 20 Aug. 1986 Kfar Saba)
- [2.26] Gail GUTTMAN (b. 6 Mar. 1954 Nashville) marriage counsellor
m. (30 Jan. 1987 Silver Spring, MD)
[2.99] Gary ALTMAN
(b. 29 May 1955 New York City) attorney.
Children: [1.55] Matthew Alan ALTMAN (b. 23 May 1988 Washington DC)
and [1.56] Jill Beth ALTMAN (b. 15 Nov. 1990 Washington DC)
- [2.27] Gary GUTTMAN (b. 22 June 1961 Nashville) certified public accounter
m. (29 Nov. 1988 Silver Spring, MD)
[2.111] Jan GOLDSTEIN
(b. 27 Oct. 1964 Silver Spring, MD) school teacher.
Children: [1.104] Joel Alexander (b. 12 June 1992 Silver Spring, MD)
and [1.108] Naomi Hadas GUTTMAN (b. 26 Dec. 1994 Silver Spring, MD)
- Line 5C. [4.25] Hortense GOLDNER (b. 6 Dec. 1895 Nashville,
d. 28 Mar. 1987 Nashville).
Hortense was confirmed at the only Reformed temple, the Vine Street Temple.
Hortense married (16 Jan. 1921 Nashville)
[4.26] Murry FOYER (FEUER) (b. 15 Apr. 1895 Vienna, d. 12 Mar. 1949 Nashville).
They moved to Tallahassee, Florida and then Huntsville, Alabama where they owned a
dry goods store. Later returned to Nashville.
- [3.20] Louise Ann FOYER (b. 4 Feb. 1923 Tallahassee, FL)
m. (16 Jan. 1944 Huntsville, AL)
[3.25] Murray WEINTRAUB (b. 26 Jan. 1918 New York City) who had come during World War 2
to work as a chemical engineer at Huntsville Arsenal
where Louise also worked. Moved to Pitssburgh after the war.
- [2.31] Barbara Lynn WEINTRAUB (b. 10 Jan. 1949 Pittsburgh, PA)
married (11 July 1976 Ridgefield, CT) and divorced
[2.33] Jonathan COOPER (b. 5 June 1949).
Barbara is project developer and coordinator for Rutland Mental Health Organization in Vermont.
- [1.24] Aaron Paul COOPER WEINTRAUB (b. 1 May 1979 Middlebury, VT)
Doctoral Student at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg Virginia.
Studying Adult Development and Aging.
- [1.42] Arielle WEINTRAUB (b. 20 Feb. 1986 Calcutta, India).
Graduated from Leslie University in Boston and is living in Cambridge.
- [2.30] Martha Sue WEINTRAUB (b. 6 July 1954 Pittsburgh)
m. (6 Sep. 1981 Ann Arbor, MI)
[2.34] Peter SMITH (b. 25 Oct. 1955 Livonia, Michigan).
Martha is a social worker in a school district near Ann Arbor and Peter
teaches in the same district.
Daughters: [1.35] Hannah Lynn Weintraub SMITH (b. 10 Apr. 1986 Ann Arbor,
Mich.), and [1.105] Rachel Hava Weintraub SMITH
(b. 17 Mar. 1990 Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- [2.32] Robert Mark WEINTRAUB (b. 5 Apr. 1957 Pittsburgh) studied Sociology at Univ. of Michigan.
Worked for Census Bureau. M.B.A. from Univ. of California Berkeley.
Manager of land developement for Raleigh, NC of a large home developement corportation.
Robert married (29 Aug. 1993 Los Angeles, CA)
[2.150] Jacqueline Fay KENIG (b. 14 July 1958 Chicago).
- [3.49] Henry Edwin FOYER (b. 12 Sep. 1929 Huntsville, AL)
m. (28 Oct. 1956 Nashville, TN)
[3.26] Marilyn GORDON (b. 23 Feb. 1935 Hopkinsville, KY)
- [2.35] Vicki Renee FOYER (b. 4 Oct. 1960 Nashville)
m. (10 Nov. 1986 Nashville)
[2.37] Scott Brian MARAN (b. 16 Nov. 1959 Atlanta, GA)
- [2.36] Marlene FOYER (b. 4 Oct. 1964 Nashville)
m. (Nashville) [2.97] Reed HUMMEL.
Numbers in brackets are references to
The ESKELES Genealogy
by Zeev ESHKOLOT.
Daniel E. LOEB, eMail: